Coping with pinpricks

Lol happened to me on the opposite side, the loop holding te bearing
I was doing a trapeze, and broke off before hitting the string
Luckily , it was going straight up so I had time to catch it :slight_smile:
If only it was like this all the time ;(

Lol I’m pretty sure that would be the most accurate guess for what happened to it. We have to file yoyo abuse haha

“File yoyo abuse”

The two way pun made me laugh harder than I would like to admit.

After having my token a couple of days I tripped walking out the car while yoyoing.
I was sad, but I stopped worrying about keeping it in perfect condition.

That must of been awful!

Once I was yoyoing over a granit floor in a musium and the same thing happend to me (only I wasnt doing a triple laceration) So there goes my Dv888 bouncing across the floor(good thing It was only a DV888)

The dings on that yoyo were so bad I cut my hand when I tried binding it one day so I took an aluminum file and some sand paper and set too work Heres what it looks like now

I know lightings kinda crapy but whatever

herers another pic

I deal with pinpricks with tubs of rocky road ice cream and movies.

3 Likes

hahahaha Nice! :smiley:

Me, I stopped caring about dings and scratches. My first ever not dollar store actually playable yoyo was a DV888, Yes I started on an unresponsive metal cuz all I saw on the forumsa was dv888 vs dm2 vs protostar, and being a beginner at the time, thought metal was superior to plastic in every way haha. after 2 weeks, my dv888 is full of dings, I use it to walk the dog, I make peoples day (theres this one girl who whenever she sees me is like “Walk the dog!” I walk the dog, she screams saying I make her day woot then walks away haha), I don’t really care about dings as long as its still playable and can handle most of my combos (part of me not caring is I play 3a, yoyos get scratched everyday). also 1 of the reasons I don’t have a $60+ yoyo, wont really spend that unless I REALLY want it.

Yoyoing isn’t all about having the rarest yoyo in the world in the best colorway or something, theyre gonna get scratched or dinged somehow someday, Yoyoing is about creating your own stuff, sharing tricks, concepts, mounts, etc., learning, innovating new tricks and combos maybe just at home, or at the next big yoyo contest, but in the end,

Its all just about having fun yo-yoing through all of that.

Lol, whenever I do walk the dog it dosent seem to impress xD

lol totally unintentional

On this end, its rather satisfying to feel a small dent or ding buff itself out through sheer air friction. Sand down burrs and let throwing do the rest. Anyone else feel like that?

Much Love, Cascade.

1 Like

Yoyoing isn’t all about having the rarest yoyo in the world in the best colorway or something, theyre gonna get scratched or dinged somehow someday, Yoyoing is about creating your own stuff, sharing tricks, concepts, mounts, etc., learning, innovating new tricks and combos maybe just at home, or at the next big yoyo contest, but in the end,

Its all just about having fun yo-yoing through all of that.
[/quote]
I agree yoyo143 (although having a yoyo with an awesome paint job can be kinda fun)

I get disappointed at the first ding, but after that I just could care less. Sorta like memories you know?

You definitely get bonus points for your clever Spicoli usage.  :wink:

Just remember: pinpricks are nothing compared to a Di Base 2 with a chunk out of it that you can fit a fingernail in…

I gotta ask. How?