Coping with pinpricks

I stopped caring about dings when I realized that yoyoing is about the skills I was learning, not the yoyo I was learning them on.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/Mr_Ikelace/null_zpsf87160b1.jpg

6 Likes

I’ve really tried to only end up with yoyos that I will play with and not worry about small damage. If it is a yoyo I won’t play much or worry about damaging when I do play it then I get rid of it.

As long as the damage doesn’t induce vibe, I consider marks on my favorite most played yoyos “custom reverse anodization”.

Once you do something really lame like throw a nice yoyo onto a tile floor because you forgot to put the string loop on your finger, smaller stuff starts not to matter very much.

Dingdingdingding.

+1

I play my yoyos wherever and however I want, and they stay in relatively good condition. This said, I’m not afraid to bust out my Sasquatch or Supernova for some 5a over concrete.

So why have more than one yoyo?

I loved that video. I recently sanded down the ding covered rims on my dv888, simply because all the dings seemed to make it look better on the surface that isn’t anodized. I love my yoyo, but I’ve gotten to the point where I will walk my dog just about anywhere and everywhere. Btw, my dv888 is currently my only metal throw, and it was my first, so I understand where the shock comes from when you get that first scratch on it, but what is a yoyo for if it doesn’t have scratch on it; definitely not for what it was made for. That is my two cents :smiley:

They uses to drive me completely nuts until I realized how much for fun it is to play with a Yoyo you don’t have to worry about. Just think of it like this: this way, if you run into someone with the same Yoyo and colorway, you can identify yours!

Yes! Me too!

Where is bcmaddogs dibase…

Pinpricks are not real damage, they are just beauty marks that give the yoyo character, like Cindy Crawford’s mole. I ding my yoyos with my wedding band all the time because I refuse to take it off just to play with a yoyo. I was as at one time worried about pinpricks and then I saw some real yoyo damage. Damage like the yoyo shown off on the One Drop Flickr. In my opinion this makes Steve’s yoyos look mint.

1 Like

Oh MY!

Mine, actually.

What I do to help prevent damage to my nicer throws is Ill chosse on mettle throw thats not super fancy and that will be my “travel throw” the throw I take places an the throw I use when Im over cement so that way only one throw gets major damage while my hi end throws on lye get small marks and scratches

How the heck did damage like that happen?!?

Did you use the yoyo halves as replacement wheels for a landing 747? … I am astounded.

It was Maryland States, 2008. We were in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express, and we wanted to see how durable the Project really was (it had been touted as indestructible). What began with a single Hammer of Thor ended several hours later amid a violent altercation with the pizza guy’s car.

The rest is history. At first, the rims were so rough that it cut several strings and shredded my hands, but after a few weeks the sharp edges wore down. That was my pocket throw for several months more. One of the hubs is kind of bent though, so it isn’t as smooth as it once was. Still plays though.

Wow!

This. With YYR not making their older yoyos anymore i’m not trying to ding up rare and valuable yoyos, or worse yet mess with the play characteristics of them, so i just take specific beaters when i know i’ll be out.

Im my little brothers case XD…

Lost the pic, ill take one tomorrow. Nothing compared to dat project!

I remember doing a triple laceration with my freshly mirror polished genesis…my knot wasn’t tight enough, so as I was doing it, the knot came off my finger. I just stood there watching as it pretended to be a race car burning rubber on asphalt… Silly yoyo…