Contest: The Perfect Match Giveaway

Thanks rockerkid13, but I tested otherwise :-[, I just try to use what I’ve got. :smiley:

Did it for fun-- might be interesting to see the collated data some day, and the more people responding the better!

TA is my top 5 favorite friends here and other places, so of course I took it! Haha!

2 of the yoyos in the top 5 are BEAT up, one is pretty dinged, and so on…

But for the “dinged” part, I wish I could have had the option of “I still love my yoyo even if its beat” or something to that affect.

I just did it to do it, I’m not quite sure what the whole thing is about/for LOL…

Again, TA, I would LOVE to organize a contest sometime, hit me up! :wink:

EDIT*

I got my best yoyo off a FHZ, THANKS MODMAN10! :wink:

This is interesting knowing for me Yoyo wise I have to buy all my yo-yos and save up my Money for one if I want it. Other than me wanting something on my birthday or other holiday of sorts like if it’s not holiday I have to buy it on my own.

Same here!

I have to buy my yoyos. Except my old Turbo Bumblebee and my first good yoyo a PGM!

But, my parents wont really allow $100+ for a yoyo.

So even if I did get a ton of money, I would probably would get something like a Yeti/Rally or a metal in that range.

My most expensive order EVER was APROX. 63 shipped…

100 pack of string
Loop 360’s (pair)
2 ONE’s for 3a
And some lateral caps…

I have been lucky yo achieve a Code 2. If Modman10 didn’t want a FHZ for a Avant Garde, my best yoyo would be a Duncan Mayhem.

Thanks to all you guys who responded. I can tell that things are working properly, because everyone who commented that they submitted, I got their entries…and many more.

We are up to 66 responses, mostly from you guys who took the survey for kicks. This has been going less than 24 hours, but you will be pleased to know that so far, as a community here on the forum, we seem to have some pretty descent collections. As BC stated, it may not be the throws we have, but the condition, that starts to suffer. Most people can list 4 or 5 throws easy. I was able to find a match for the throws I have at least 3 times so far, but the folks who matched, just don’t have the need.

An overall report is generated for the stats. I don’t want to say too much here, because I don’t want them skewed, but I will post the results at the end. I don’t think too many of the popular answers will surprise you though.

Usually, when I give something away, I’m anxious to just do it. For this one, I’m going to be patient and really try to make the perfect match. If I can do that at least once, it will be awesome.

Haven’t yet taken the survey, so are we still allowed to take it just for fun? Or are we doing something odd to stats that you don’t want?

Sounds like this is going to turn out GREAT!

After this, TA, I have a fun idea, “fun” not contest really (maybe) who knows…

TA you’re definitely right about the fact that the majority of us are happy with our collection. My top 5 are the majority of my collection and I’m still very happy. I guess that’s one really great part about yoyoing no matter what level your collection is at you can still throw have fun and be happy with it.

Anyone can take it. But you have to answer them according to your opinions, not to match a certain yoyo. (Unless your favorite yoyo fits every measurement weight and shape of your preference ;))

Yeah after this is done i would LOVE to see the statistics :slight_smile: . And also thank you TA for doing such a thing. (999 posts lol)

Andy- Nah its around Thanksgiving, i feel like a proper post is in order :wink:

Double post-

WELL said!!

I could do all my tricks on a classic, and be happy. Or even doing the basics with a butterfly…

Just BS your 1000th like I did xD

Well, if I don’t find a match, the question becomes, what do I do next?

1. Give to the folks who are all set…at least they matched. They need love too. :smiley:
  2. Find a person with a need, who did not match. Chances are they will appreciate a non-preferred throw anyway. Hmmm…makes some sense. :slight_smile:
  3. Post the forum stats from the survey, reveal the prizes, scrap this, and make a new contest. :frowning:

I’m leaning toward #2 as a plan B. I’m hoping this goes the ideal way though.

I will definitely give you the stats too. :wink: I won’t tell you what color is winning at this point…yet. Someone might lie about their favorite color and skew my scientific data. :smiley:

I say give it to someone in need over someone who matched. most people in need don’t really have enough throws to even know what their ideal is anyway.

My opinion here may be slightly biased. :stuck_out_tongue:

…or you organize a battle royale ;D

Point well taken. The term “need” in this context is used rather loosely, because a yo-yo is never a need, but perhaps some of us could use a new/different throw or one in better condition, more than others. I am going through past posts of a few people, and their need is just relative to the majority. So far, I am observing very few who have nothing descent to throw. I find that good news, in fact. I don’t have something for everyone, just maybe a select few. If it comes to a plan B though, I’ve had a few PMs recommending a good candidate for a yo-yo. If anyone wants to drop a name in a PM, feel free.

I bet I can guess what color is winning

I think you should stick to your guns and stay patient like you said earlier. Give it a week. This is Thanksgiving break coming up so a lot of kids will be home and could stumble onto this post. Or some members could show the post to some friends who are just getting started throwing. Or club leaders or members could do the same and share the post with other members. I agree that I’d want to see you give this to someone who really can’t afford to purchase one.

I think this is an amazing show of generosity, btw. TA, you’re one of the good ones. :wink:

I owe you a PM. We all give in our own way. I just like to keep things creative, have a little fun, and find a way, other than selling/trading, to filter out some things that are not being used. So, it does serve a purpose for me too. Besides…'tis the season. One of these items I bought with a contest in mind though. Hopefully, I will find a few throws just the right home. I’m acting as an agency, trying to find a home for a throw :smiley: Whether it’s new, or has a bit of damage, I know there is a home for it.

I’m going to try to be patient on this one though.