Competition throws?

I haven’t competed in a few years, but if I did today I would throw my wrath

Please tell me you’re joking.
Don’t even joke about those joke bearings.

. <

In terms of competition throws.
It seems almost all of the Japanese scene is using YYR these days.
Lots of C3, here in the US its a mix of Factory and CLYW.
Varies depending where you are.

Haru

2 Likes

YYR is big in Asia. CLYW is big in the us and other places

The best thrower in the world has 5 of these “joke bearings”
Ever try one or just joking …?

I have owned 5 actually.
2 I bought on my own for the interest in trying.
3 others came on yoyos I bought.
All of them felt incredibly sluggish and 4 of the 5 suddenly died on me and completely locked up.
I have thrown yoyos for over 15 years, and have used many many different bearings, and never before have I experienced this ever on this many occasions. I would not recommend these bearings to anyone, and I am not the only one who has had this experience.

growl

Haru

what do you throw in competitions Josh? Also I see alot of people referring to 1A throws what would you recommend for 5A ?

You need to buy overpriced dry lube to fix your problem

If spin times are your thing :wink:

All I use are Compulsions for 5A.
Standard size c bearing.
standard poly string.
Great balance and perfect for my 5A play

[/quote]
I have owned 5 actually.
2 I bought on my own for the interest in trying.
3 others came on yoyos I bought.
All of them felt incredibly sluggish and 4 of the 5 suddenly died on me and completely locked up.
I have thrown yoyos for over 15 years, and have used many many different bearings, and never before have I experienced this ever on this many occasions. I would not recommend these bearings to anyone, and I am not the only one who has had this experience.

growl

Haru
[/quote]
If you got them from me or YYE I will repair or replace them.
I have nothing but positive feedback and repeat sales on my bearings.
I have seen other “Terrapin treated” bearings up on other sites, all they did was buy my lube.
First TX review: http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=1952
Google Terrapin X and see more.
I mean no offense, just never heard anything like about my bearings…John

I use summits in competition. Now, I see a ton of Theories, Genesissss(Es?), And any CLYW or OD…

Eh, what? Who called? haha

Let’s not have stupid arguments about bearings in here. Mkay? Came here from Facebook so it must be serious.

Because bearings are the politics/religion/abortion of the yoyo world, I guess.

2 Likes

Your claim that the bearing “completely locked up” is curious. No disrespect intended, but is this an exaggeration? How can a sealed, precision bearing “lock-up” without there being serious external contamination of the bearing and bearing seat? It might sound rough, gritty or squeaky - but completely locked-up? That implies foreign objects like sand in your bearings, not a bad lubrication.

I can’t explain it.
I’ve never experienced anything like it before, but they started playing quite sluggishly, then all together stopped spinning and ceased to work.
Its a strange occurance, and one I have not had with any other bearings I have used.
I wasnt playing in the sand or dirt, just in doors, normal play, and it happened.

Haru

The budget YYJ and C3 is probably what I will use when competing, just because I like the $60-$90 price range and their throws tend to be my favorite. I would use some high end YYF, but a competition set of $100 yoyos? D:

How strange. Could they have become magnetized?

I agree with Haru Completely. 30 dollars for that bearing is totally absurd. The actual Terrapin Dry Lube they treat the bearings with is literally 5 bucks.

If there’s any bearing I would spend more than 10 dollars on, it’s a Dif-E-Yo Konkave. Nothing else.

And the bearing locking up: Isn’t the bearing treatment stuff kind of like extremely fine powdery kind of stuff? Maybe that’s why? I don’t know, I’ve never tried that stuff, and probably never will.

I’ve owned a couple ceramic terrapins and while I don’t think they are anything special, I have to wonder, Haru, if these are the bearings that you flash cleaned with soy sauce? lol

The supernova with a Buddha ripple is one of the best yoyos I’ve thrown, I would use it. Bit I didn’t like it with the flat bearing…

I pretty much never buy bearings at all. I bought 3 Simple Buddha Bearings once, but that was it. I either get them as deal sweeteners, or trade my not quite as smooth bearings in my yoyos.

On a side not, I vastly prefer a CT or a nice-spinning flat to a KK. All of my KonKaves have died on me. My CTs and flats don’t do that and they spin longer.

That’s how I am I love CTs or flats over KKs. Or something like a wing cut that plays like a flat but is slightly centered.