Collection size limit

Hit the Facebook photo album. I’m up and over 200. Closer to 220 I think.

I sooooo would too.

My collection is nearing just above thirty and I love almost all of them. They all get played, but I have favourites.

I dont like to have alot of yoyos personally. Just ones I play with and ones I keep for sentimental reasons.

Funny enough, I have 28 yoyos right now, which is a ton, but I only play with my Cerberus and a Chaser even though I have a Chief and a few other high end throws.

That’s insaine

Dude, I’m jealous of just your cool cases, let alone this magnificent collection of throws.
I bow to thee Great Bandalore Bwana.

I am!

I’ve only been throwing for 10 months and I’m already up to 49 throws, most of which are high end metals and I’m expecting delivery of two more Turning Points tomorrow. I’m one of those people who really throws themselves at something when I really get into it and I’ve always liked having collections of stuff.

I had to make a database of keep track of all my throws and specs etc. which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amm_LIeVePxQdHc5bHdrSU1QekNzemN6NjBPSUxhRkE#gid=0

Yuki

You know I have read everyones reason for either having or not having a large collection of YoYo’s.
I have a large collection myself, now well over 250 YoYo’s, and I love them all or I would not have bought them. I also take time to throw them all as often as possible.

If you are able to afford the YoYo’s you have or want, & it’s not harming anyone to purchase them, then I see no reason why a responsible adult should have any degree of guilt at all about the amount of YoYo’s they have amassed. You are the one busting your hump to earn the money, why should anyone care or comment on how you spend it? This phooey about “making it available to someone who will enjoy it” is just that. Is there a shortage of YoYo’s right now that someone is unable to enjoy a YoYo because it’s in my collection?

At 55 years old I can only say that life is way to short to pay any concern over whether or not to own 5 YoYo’s or 500 YoYo’s. If it makes you happy, and you can afford it, then buy it and be grateful that you are able to have it. There are way to many real issues in our lives to give one second of concern about how many YoYo’s you dare have.

That’s my opinion, of course I could be wrong !!!

3 Likes

Stickman,
Your response was clear, concise and well stated. Thank you.

(I’m also grateful to learn of someone else posting here who is almost as old as me. I sometimes feel like a creepy old guy hanging out with teenagers at the skate park.)

1 Like

My case holds 24 yoyos. It was obsolete the day I got it. I don’t have a count, but there’s none I’d get rid of.

1 Like

I’m a responsible adult and I know how to manage my money, so in my mind, my collection is allowed to be as large or as small as I want it to. As it stands, my case is made up of a variety of companies, with mostly different plastics and a few all metals. Some are expensive and some not. I haven’t been in the hobby too long as of now, but I appreciate my yoyos on a few levels. I appreciate them for their practicality, as in my ability to play with them and use them how I will; I appreciate them structurally, from someone who has studied some engineering I like to see how different designs behave and how different shapes feel in the hand; lastly, I appreciate them aesthetically. I like the variety of colors, finishes, splashes, washes, and materials that make a yoyo unique. For those reasons I can see my collection growing larger than something that I could feasibly throw on a constant basis, but just because I don’t throw it everyday doesn’t mean that I don’t love and appreciate it.

1 Like

I would not have thought this topic would have gotten so many responses. All pretty good ones, too.

I know the feeling. As an “older thrower”, I sometimes worry what others may think.

Hey, I’m 40, married, got kids, and enjoy this crazy toy. I’ve found something outside my work that I enjoy, and let me state that I also enjoy my work!

The collection grows and grows. Where it stops, nobody knows. But in the meantime, even as it grows, I share with others so they may get to experience stuff they may normally not have the means to try.

I am the same way. I have a bag which holds 12 and I recently bought the 24 yoyo holder bag from yye and I am trying to sell some to make more room in my case.

I use the 12 yoyo bag when I go out to meets etc. The there one stays home. It still isn’t enough but that is how I set my limit.

When I want something new, I try to get rid of something i haven’t used in a while.

:smiley: