CLYW Yeti Release Discussion Thread - Another 200 going to be Released...

I hate flippers, I really do. I hated them when I was seriously collecting records, I hated them when I was retailing and collecting vinyl toys, and I have always hated them for yoyos.

It’s just such a crappy thing, to literally swipe something from a fan and then offer to sell it to them for twice (or more) as much as they could have paid for it if you just hadn’t been in the way in the first place.

It’s like cutting in front of someone in line and then offering to sell them your spot. You are artificially commodifying something and then attempting to profiteer off it. It’s gross and mean-spirited and it sucks.

So yeah. To anyone who picked up a Yeti just to flip it: good luck. There are more coming. And they’ll be $45. ;D

6 Likes

Ikr? I’ve seen a person saying buy unopened yeti for 75 $ and he also said I bought it but thought someone else should enjoy it. Lol.

First you buy it and now selling it for 30$ extra and saying that. Lol.

PATHETIC

I’m sorry, but this guy http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,85794.0.html
should be drawn and quartered.

The YYE Mods here should NOT allow this. It’s one thing to ask a high price for one of your throws, but this is nothing less than an attempt to scalp. If I had the power this wouldn’t even get questioned to him…I would just delete his account and ban his IP address.  >:(

So Steve when is the next run of yetis coming? :smiley:

But seriously I feel sorry for you now it goes back to people asking that non stop.

1 Like

Yetis are at home waiting for me and I’m stuck at work till 8

At least you know it can’t get away, its trapped in your snare awaiting you to unleash it. :blush:

Oh yes. My buddy is swinging by to open his(snagged one for him). Should be a good time.

Update: ran out of work. Drove home to go check out the yetis before a night of skating. Buddy pulled in the drive way. Popped the boxes. Threw on the stock string. Through a few throws. Super smooth but didn’t see all the hype on it. Felt kinda disappointed. Put it away and slated till midnight. Came back home, swapped the stock with kittys and threw a couple more throws. Totally changed my mind. Complete 180. So smooth. So different. Heavy but floaty somehow. Interest yoyo indeed. Totally disappointed that i got ZERO clyw stickers. Anyone else see lack of stickers?

Yeah I received no stickers either. Very sad.

So had to take the yeti apart due to a bad knot(the kind where the string gets under the loop on the axle). Put it back together and haven’t had much of an issue. Not as bad as what everyone was makin.

Anyone notice their yeti to be responsive?

Stickers, I did get a YYE sticker with #YoYoExpert on it.

My yeti is unresponsive, noticed it snagged with fresh string that needed to be broken in otherwise no issues. Only hiccup as mentioned in a previous post was spin time, having it kind of die on me in the middle of a trick rather than holding its spin. I can tell because by the time I go to bind, it crawls back up just making it to my hand. I’m sure the bearing needs to be broken in though.

I haven’t had a problem with the spin time at all. Mine spins just as long as any of my other yoyos.

Strange. My actslike a responsive yoyo. Maybe needs to be broken in or cleaned.

If they’ve shipped with CTX bearings (10 ball centre tracs), which I suspect they have (as all new CLYW do), then the bearing will take a bit of time to break in due to it being pre-lubed.

Alternatively, you can clean it as Heero mentioned, but I found that with the Chief I recently purchased, a few hours of playing and it was fine. :slight_smile:

My grey yeti took 1 year to break in. Yup.

Try a thinner string. The default Kitty Fat snags a little slowing it down.

Anyone need to sand down their response wells? I’ve noticed my strings to be pretty ratty for the amount of time I played mine.

Nope, I just play it. If it needs a new string, I put one on.

Had my first string snap last night and today it was wearing noticeably.
It’s staying on the shelf til I can get some sand paper, I hope it helps. I love the way the yeti plays but, the string wear deters me from throwing it for now.

The worlds most sought after string eater, The Yeti!

lol my friend said I should just keep one as a string cutter if people ask for one.