CLYW Yeti Release Discussion Thread - Another 200 going to be Released...

how much play time did yoy have with it. I put maybe 1-2 hours of play. So doesn’t seem too bad for me.

The first string I had that snapped was after about 3-4 hours of playing and the second one didn’t snap but it was about 3 hours on that one as well when I noticed it wasn’t safe to throw. So I guess its not too bad but, it has me on the fence about selling it.

drf a high maintenance yoyo for sure, but I think with some sanding it won’t be a problem anymore. Not having much trouble with tuning. Def a fun throw to have in the collection.

If you end up selling it, hit me up! I’ll buy it.

So, I ended up in a nasty snag that required opening the yeti. I was nervous, worried that I would cause vibe when reassembling. When I opened it up, both spacers stayed in their yo halves. I noticed quite a bit of resistance when doing the flick, kind of what a responsive bearing would be like. I figured that while I’m at this point, I may as well clean and lube to my specifications. Since the spacer was in one of the halves, I just used a bearing remover and came right out, no problems. Since I cleaned the bearing and break in time will now be minimal with the amount of lube I use (a tiny drop of YYJ thin), there should be better performance. I noticed already that it’s wanting to spin longer rather than “ride its brakes.” I also switched to normal kitty instead of the fat as that’s more of what I’m used to, less snags, and less friction when doing tricks that involve multiple wraps.

The first Yeti is on ebay… so expensive. And shipping. I am lucky I didn’t have to buy one like that.
Even a “small” Dink
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/191643132408?
I was wondering when the first one would come up on ebay. I Do not want to sell mine but my dad wants me too. If this sells, My dad might force me to sell mine :-[ :-\ :frowning: :’( :’( :’( :’( :’( :’( :’(

Just realized they used the YYe pic.  :o

Did you buy it without your parents’ permission or something?

And yeah, that guy looks very sketchy.

Wow, I would never throw down $100 for a yeti. I love mine to death but I don’t think $100 is worth it.

In other news, my yeti got a little hungry, saw abnormal wear on my day old string after a half hours use. Did the sand paper technique so let’s hope that fixed it.

And no damage or loss in performance after opening it up.

No but my dad says I have already spent enough on yoyos. He is probobaly right lol

I I did the same with mine. I had some 2000 Grit sand paper laying around so I gave it alight sand and now mine is doing great as well