CLYW Orca

:smiley:

I wonā€™t buy one because it doesnā€™t come in splash. I also think its overpriced. I also feel like cool splashes sell out faster than solid colors. But thats just my opinion. Good for CLYW if they can sell em out at that price with solid colorsā€¦this is why Iā€™m not in the yoyo business, I only know what I like and not what the market demands. At this point Iā€™m curious as to what the actual sales numbers are for splash vs solid.

P.S Iā€™ve been looking for a brand new CLYW from multiple stores in Ash Berry color way for months now and have been willing to pay $150+ but their all sold out in every one of their yoyoā€™s everywhere. My suggestion to CLYW from a consumers standpoint is to make more yoyoā€™s in this color way when they do their runs, they sell out within a day. Its honestly not even a rarity thing anymore, its just becoming a frustration. But I guess thats what they wantā€¦to make you desire and want their throws badly :), but Iā€™m about done with it now and I will do what others suggested earlier and just keep my money in my wallet. It seems to me that with how fast they sell out you could make more in this color and sell more which = more money for youā€¦but once again my masters degree is in exercise science and not in yoyo makingā€¦

Since this is how this forum goes and i donā€™t feel like dealing with people calling me delusional or ignorant because I donā€™t have ā€œfactsā€ then consider all that I just said my HUMBLE OPINION. This is my official disclaimer because well unfortunately it almost feels like this is a requirement for posting on here anymore. So after reading please take a chill pillā€¦or the whole bottle if you need it, and respond respectfully, I will do you the same honor, I promise. ;D

Just got a clear one, might make a review once I receive it.

Ugh no Iā€™m poor I canā€™t get one

To be honest I could care less about spin time. All my bearings spin long enough. What I like about center tracks is that they do not bind back by accident. I have cracked my knuckles more than enough times with flat bearings. Maybe I donā€™t have the skills that all you flat bearing lovers have, maybe Iā€™m missing something, maybe Iā€™m just weird. But what are the drawbacks of string centering yoyos? Throughout over three years of play I have not once experienced the sting bunching myth that I so often hear about. I suppose Iā€™m not a real man for using a ā€œcrutchā€ that aids in the enjoyment of this hobby. I know that some people use flat bearings to feel cool, hipster, OG, etc. I could care less about that. Now let me clear something up, this is not about CLYW or their products, this was a response to the many people who hate curved bearings both in this thread, and in the past.

Is this the Orca thread or did I take a wrong link at the ā€œI donā€™t like this company so Iā€™m gonna hate on itā€ thread? ;D ::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weā€™re really excited about this design! Harrison and Chris worked really hard on creating something that is another big jump forward for CLYW designs, in the same way that the Chief was. The feedback from the team has been tremendous, and most people who have tried it have really, really liked it.

Itā€™s a shame that some people enjoy trying to convince others that they shouldnā€™t enjoy the things they enjoy, but Iā€™ve found that itā€™s best to just ignore them. It usually just means they are having a really bad day and are trying to make themselves feel better by taking it out on small business owners who contribute a tremendous amount to the community. Since they never seem to have these opinions handy when you run in to them in person, it would seem they are mostly fleeting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a pink, beyond excited, thank you Chris, Harrison, Steve and the complete CLYW team for all you do.

CANā€™T WAIT!

HURRY STEVE AND MAIL ME MY THROWā€¦

I can drive and get it if you want, iā€™m in Detroit, so not a far driveā€¦ haha. :wink:

1 Like

Im in Detroit area too. So many throwers from around here, we really need to make a day and all get together sometime. Maybe sometime in the summer we could all do like a stoney creek outdoor park ā€œThrowā€ down.

Topic scrubbed. Letā€™s all play nice and be respectful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I couldnā€™t help myself. I got me a gold one. That emerald green was sharp, but I stuck with my favorite color instead. Really looking forward to this one.

1 Like

I wanted a clear, and I so wanted to support a company from my home town, but I couldnā€™t justify the price before I hear a review at least. I am interest in this one though, and it very well could be my first CLYW this year.

Itā€™s a shame that you have to say that some people try ā€œto convince others that they shouldnā€™t enjoy the things they enjoyā€ when I remember you cursing to a yoyo site on twitter about selling rec rev. Itā€™s not the sites fault that rec rev had a problem. And since there are little kids following those twitter accounts thereā€™s no reason to curse about it.

Besides the comments mentions above I do think the Orca looks like a great design. I would love to buy one but for as long as it is not on Yoyoexpert I will not buy one. I would sooner pay $155 to buy one on yoyoexpert rather than buy one for $130 without being able to support the site I love.

Iā€™m hoping there are some gold ones left when I get a few of my music items sold. Really looking forward to trying the Orca.

Iā€™m not sure what the site has to do with it. Heā€™s referring to individuals who make unsubstantiated claims that many people donā€™t like certain things like solid colors or flat bearings. Iā€™m glad you support YYE, itā€™s a great site, but if you want to discuss how one member conducts themselves on another social media method, why not contact them directly and leave this thread alone. Itā€™s supposed to be about the yoyo, and Iā€™m looking forward to reading peopleā€™s opinions about the yoyo when it arrives.

1 Like

Well if I didnā€™t have only yye store credit I would buy one

I am SO excited to get my Gold Orca! :smiley:

Iā€™ve been curbing my yoyo spending recently, but the Orca has been on my ā€œmust buyā€ list since I first saw the shape and stats. Not only do I love the look of it, but through much trial and error Iā€™ve found 67.5g to be my ideal weight, and this is almost right on the money. :slight_smile:

That being said, none of the current colourways have tickled-my-fancy, so Iā€™ll be holding out for the splashed run and/or the black/blue solids myself. Itā€™ll give me a chance to hear what people think about it as well which is never going to be a bad thing, not that I can imagine hearing much negative feedback (which is rare with most yoyos nowadays).

Part of me was hoping for some kind of Orca-themed colourway, Iā€™ll admit. Something along these kind ā€˜oā€™ lines:

But hey, itā€™s early days so who knows.

Either way, itā€™s a gorgeous looking throw, and even though I know Steve works for CLYW, itā€™s hard to ignore the sheer amount of praise heā€™s been giving this thing. My wallet is ready. ;D

CLYW mentioned on their facebook post for itā€™s release that they are going to do an orca themed colorway. ā€œComing soon :wink: weā€™re no dummies -Chrisā€ is the response when someone mentioned that colorway. ::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have a ā€˜thank youā€™ kind sir! Thanks for clarifying, definitely looking forward to seeing how that one turns out. :slight_smile: