CLYW Glacier Express.

The Glacier Express reminds me more of a Chico Recurve, and the AG2 is more like a Zeus.

In terms of the recurve part.

Mr Bist didnā€™t invent anything of the sort. I also really like the GE shape. May be the first CLYW I go for.

The Express looks Very interesting. I have been a little on the fence over the AC because I have a chief, avalanche, and canvas so i feel that it may not offer that much of a different play experience. But the Express just looks so different form any other CLYW that iā€™m really looking forward to it.

As for the price I think that chris could easily charge more. A lot more. This can be seen in how fast they sell out. Look at the chief run after run they sold out very quickly. This is proof that the demand was much higher than the supply and could have been sold for more. So in that regard we should all be happy that CLYW throws are around the 140-160 range and not the 180-200.

What i have noticed, and again I will use the chief as an example, is that the adjustment in price has stop some of the outrages price mark ups on the BST market. I think that by raising the price by the 40-50 chris has achieved more of a pricing structure that reflects his product quality. For the most part now I see mib chief selling for about retail. Witch is still a huge testament to the quality of a chief.

And bottom line if you can afford a $100 dollar yoyo you can afford a $150 yoyo. Just save a little more and get a CLYW.

As far as gripes go, I have a few. I am disappointed in the way the rim on the inside looks slapped on, and think it would look so much better if it followed the shape created by the inner cup, and just continued out of that. Right now they just seem out of place. Also, Iā€™m sure that itā€™ll look kinda crappy with splash and acid wash anodize. The design is just way too busy for it.

Played with GE prototype two days ago, for me it beats Avant Garde 2 in every way. But biggest plus it doesnt ā€œcutā€ your fingers while holding it like AG2 does.

It looks like a Super G with the beefed up rims but also like the AG2 because of how the undercut part you hold is tiny.

yes

I think the glacier looks very ugly. Of it plays well, I will love it, but it is not aesthetically pleasing to me.

ya i agree i dont really care for it at all. i would like to play it though just cause its coming out of left field for clyw. hopefully all those crazy curves help the yoyo not hurt it. dont want another galactic goose lol ( it was so pretty but that freakin rim lip made me want to smash it with a hammer)

all their throws have been easily available to me at an affordable price. even BST. Maybe some people without jobs and have debt or something would have to live on food stamps and couldnt even afford plasticsā€¦ nothing against that. times are toughā€¦ and guess whatā€¦ his throws get sold out fast enough. he has incredible yoyos and PROs obviously use them and end amazing for a reason.

dont hate if your jealous you cant afford it
That statement isnt to you. I have heard it enough by friends/people on the board enoughā€¦ Judge it by how it plays not by its PRICE. People have to make livings and you have no clue what is being paid out of his pocket so Iā€™m assuming not many people know his markup.
////
I think they should make another yoyo similar to Chief. Instead of making it heavier just mess around with the shape a litttttttle bit and see what comes around. Also i canā€™t believe the Canvas isnā€™t hyped like the Chief (or maybe it is? I havenā€™t been around). Because I have played all CLYW besides BvM and bassalope and I think Canvas is better than peak but not as good as Chief. I donā€™t knowā€¦ maybe a tie.

Pros use his yoyos because he sponsors them, and Jensen Kimmit used a Northstar and won worlds before he switched to CLYW. Pros also use Duncan and Yomega.

I think it would be awesome if CLYW could design a more affordable yoyo. Itā€™s evident that they are able to design amazing yoyos, but it would be cool if they could make less expensive ones. They donā€™t have to be as good as the higher end ones, but I know theyā€™ll have the same CLYW quality. Even a CLYW plastic would be cool :wink:

actually he did dont be hating but its obvois he was the first pro to make one

Jensen choked in 09 with a CLYW and came in 4thā€¦ BAC 09 and 10 he got first. I am seeing tons of realllly good throwers using CLYW i think anyone could say the same. Also the people sponsored by CLYW chose to be sponsored by them. That means they clearly like the yoyos.

No, at least two yoyos with an undercut came out before it. H-Spin Envy and the Henryā€™s Lizard.

1 Like

Donā€™t any of you guys remember the Campfire? That was your chance at a cute little CLYW at a killer price. Except if I remember what I heard correctly, it wasnā€™t very successful at all. Whose problem is that? Seems like thereā€™s a lot of asking and not enough acting.

Last time I checked they were sold out. Donā€™t see your point :stuck_out_tongue:

if CLYW tied a string around a rock and had Jensen Kimmet draw a smiley face on it with a sharpy for the special edition it would be sold out in within a day.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œmacman555,post:57,topic:39051ā€]

Sold out in three days i believe.

a CLYW plastic would be the best thing since sliced bread. ::slight_smile: