CLYW Glacier Express.

This just all seems to be based on assumption. Have you actually had a discussion with anyone representing CLYW wherein they gave you the impression that their pricing structure is about “seeing what they can get out of you”?

This is not a multi-million dollar business. They’re not over at the CLYW offices racing each other in Ferraris and taking weekly trips to Vegas. I think, having run my own small business, that those complaining about the price hike would be somewhat surprised to see how tight things can get even at these seemingly high prices. $20 less per yoyo could be the difference between a profit and having to shut the doors.

I can tell you one thing. If there were a way for the company to be more profitable that included making more yoyos and selling them at lower prices, I’ll bet that’s what would be happening. The fact it is the way it is tells you something about where CLYW feels it needs to be in the market.

i’m not asking for uber cheap pricing like $50 i would galdy like for them to go back to their $115-$120 if they did it before why can’t they do it now?

and your right; i did forget onedrop has there own machine shop. my bad. brain fart on my part :stuck_out_tongue: but that’s not what i said. remember all of those beautiful colorways that one drop did with the 54 and remember how everyone wanted one? and remember how they were never over $110 on the onedrop site? I bet onedrop has the opportunity to sell the cascade at an insanly high price, but i bet they won’t.

I just can’t make a comparison between OD and CLYW without knowing what their yoyos cost them to make. The difference might even come down to a bunch of seemingly little things, like a few dollars here because a certain colorway is harder to do, or a few manhours there because a certain feature takes longer to machine. It’s just hard to say where the money is from the outside.

This is now boring. Buy them, don’t buy them, and if you want it cheaper find one with a scuff on the BST. Let’s give this dead horse a Vikings funeral and. E done with it already. I am absolutely 100% happy with my AC and will be forever. Thanks Chris for devoting yourself to making people happy with metal circles. I will not comment on another of these threads the product defends itself well enough.

you obviously don’t relize that chris’s full time job is now CLYW. He quit his machining company job to see how far he can take CLYW. Do you have any clue about his prioritys? The economy has changed, yoyos have changed, so prices will change as well. Get over it. What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Everyone to say, “your right, good job hubstacker, way to make a thread that has been made a million times already”.

you obviously don’t relize that chris’s full time job is now CLYW. He quit his machining company job to see how far he can take CLYW. Do you have any clue about his prioritys? The economy has changed, yoyos have changed, so prices will change as well. Get over it. What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Everyone to say, “your right, good job hubstacker, way to make a thread that has been made a million times already”.
[/quote]
so are you trying to sound like a stuck up snob or what? if you actually read my posts and then actually thought about it for a second then you’ll know that i’m upset that because i want the new clyw to be openly available. but now realize that that’s easier said than done thanks to stookie. i was made because there was something exiting and only the people with money could afford it. and you know what? maybe we did miss-judge. but there has to be a better answer a steep price for example, maybe cheaper manufacturing. stop doing insane color ways and maybe even do raw color ways to cut costs. i bet one drop would be more than happy to do the manufacturing for CLYW.

but enough about me, let’s talk about you why do you feel the need to try and shame me for my opinion? are you so lonely and desperate for attention that you have to lash out at strangers just so they would respond to your narrow-minded insult? i feel sorry for you. because instead putting typing something that could have been a well-thought opinion. you quickly choose to right a very weak insult when we could have been good friends.

wait a second, are you a troll? you are!!! oh that was a good laugh :smiley: now go back under the bridge, go on, shoo-off.

All I meant to say was,

I can’t believe people still buy these yoyos when you can buy and equally amazing yoyo for 1/3rd the price. Its nothing against Chris personally. I just don’t understand the fanboys.

Get a Sili’d Lyn Fury for $15. It can do everything a Chief can. People just don’t seem to get that. And while it is nice to have a higher end yoyo, its not necessary, and people can’t get that through their head.

Mr. Adam Smith would say that Chris is still underpricing his return tops. As much as I would like to pay less for CLYWs, I think Chris should follow the lead of Mr. Smith.

Brett from highspeedyoyo.com has a video where he compares a Lyn Fury to a Peak. I’m sure you’ve seen it.
Yes, the Fury can do everything that any higher end metal can do. We know we don’t need a CLYW. We know we don’t need more than 1 or 2 yoyos. But we want them and we buy them. Simple as that.

two bip bop chief sold for $300 a piece from the onine store, i thint that price is fine where it is.

and mr. smith isn’t a 15 year old kid who wants a chief, but only gets $20 a month if he’s lucky.

if adam smith want’s to pay more for his yoyos, than he should gadly send chris a check for what he think he owes him, but that’s his prerogative. kindly leave the rest of us out of it.

so are you trying to sound like a stuck up snob or what? if you actually read my posts and then actually thought about it for a second then you’ll know that i’m upset that because i want the new clyw to be openly available. but now realize that that’s easier said than done thanks to stookie. i was made because there was something exiting and only the people with money could afford it. and you know what? maybe we did miss-judge. but there has to be a better answer a steep price for example, maybe cheaper manufacturing. stop doing insane color ways and maybe even do raw color ways to cut costs. i bet one drop would be more than happy to do the manufacturing for CLYW.

but enough about me, let’s talk about you why do you feel the need to try and shame me for my opinion? are you so lonely and desperate for attention that you have to lash out at strangers just so they would respond to your narrow-minded insult? i feel sorry for you. because instead putting typing something that could have been a well-thought opinion. you quickly choose to right a very weak insult when we could have been good friends.

wait a second, are you a troll? you are!!! oh that was a good laugh :smiley: now go back under the bridge, go on, shoo-off.
[/quote]
this lierally made me laugh. And yes, I am a troll. A green one with purple sparkles. I wasn’t trying to insult you,
but your opinion was an uninformed one. You could have taken the time to understand what Chris does. Your just as much a troll as I am for your response, I only hope you have sparkels as well

It looks really nice. I’ve noticed that CLYW has been coming out with a lot of yoyos lately, and they’ve been doing a great job! The Glacier Express reminds me a lot of the Avant Garde 2, I like the shape on the Glacier Express a lot better though in my opinion.

My jaw dropped when I saw the clyw blog showing the Glacier Exp because I just finished reading about all the controversy over YYF’s possible (who really knows?) betrayal of Yicheng Lou aka Takuto hijacking his signature “zero in a zone” design (which Mr. Bist also lays claim to) which has now been officially approved of for the use of the magicyoyo n11 which you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/MVjUe.jpg

Now that CLYW is on board I Take this as a sign of things to come. We started off with the Imperial design and then we had Butterfly…now it looks like the next evolution of yo will be the Zero A Zone.

Regarding the price of CLYW (lets just forget that they offer foolsgold which completely invalidates anyones complaints): Chris is his own boss which means he gets to decide how much he feels his time and effort should be valued at. If he feels he deserves to make a six figure income then that is completely his decision and frankly I find it offensive to suggest he should not have that right or to suggest he is over valuing his own personal time. How dare you try and devalue an artist who sells his work for what he thinks its worth.

When you heard about a copy (yes there’s more than one version) of Munch’s “The Scream” selling for 119 million dollars did you cry out and complain then that you didnt get a chance to get in on the action? Did you whine like a little baby “BUT THE INK AND CANVAS ONLY COST $ASDF.00 TO PRODUCE HOW DARE THEY TRY TO MAKE MONEY OFF ME?”.

This is art you fools. Its not like we’re talking about the cost of importing barrels of oil or the difference between after-market replacement parts vs OEM-originals for your Ford Tauras.

For example there are 2 kinds of guitars out there. Plastic toy guitars and then solid top “instruments”. As you can see there’s a difference between a toy and an instrument. CLYW makes artistic instruments the likes of a fine Gibson guitar (or as someone else previously mentioned, A Ferrari).

Now comes the real question: Which one is going to perform the best? Avant Garde 2, Magicyoyo n11 or the CLYW Glacier? I suspect CLYW.

1 Like

And I gotta tell you; I don’t think I ever laughed soo hard at all these Po-boy sandwich budget boys. You guys must stand around outside Fancy Restaurants, whining about All the Great food they serve inside that you can’t afford. And just dwell on how lame it is that the food isn’t less expensive so that more people could enjoy eating there; hahaha.
CLYW(Chris)does not have to justify any prices he charges for ‘anything’ yoyo related. He has a Business. He has some very good stuff. He sells it for what he sells it for. Nobody has to like any of his prices. Nobody has to buy any of his yoyos if they don’t like the prices.
If you have a Mixed Drink appetite on a Beer Budget, that is a Personal Problem. There are dozens of good yoyos on the Market today. Find something within your funds and buy at that level.
Chris does not have to provide Tons of yoyos for all the crybabys with shallow pockets.
He is not trying to be a Snob or a withholder of fun for the masses.
He is not making yoyos for the masses anyways. He is making short runs of yoyos for people that appreciate his products and can afford to buy them.

When you sit down in a Restaurant and you don’t like the numbers on the Menu; get up and LEAVE.

Wanting is one thing. Talking trash about CLYW because you Want something to be less expensive is just plain lunacy. And the fools that want to jump on Chris because they don’t like his prices; don’t even deserve his yoyos, simply for being such whiny babies.

Wah Wah Wah.

Oh, sorry I gotta go now. I have to go down the the Porsche Dealership and ask those jerks why I have to drive a Toyota Truck because their rides are out of reach for me and all the other sad clowns that can’t get their way.

1 Like

Hmm I would like more details about yyf clyw n magic yo thing … N11 doesn’t look like glacier… More like avant…

Good question though… Which will play better lol … I need to see more pics…

Back to price issue… My REAL issue is that it sells out too fast … My complaint is that it’s not high enough!!! It still sells out at the price it is at… N it’s hard for me to get one …

So Chris if you are reading this … Please raise the price so that it doesn’t sell out fast and that I might have a chance of buying it!!!

If the price it’s already at is getting people to not buy it…(which you can’t notice cus it still sells out like the 1st run chief) Making the price higher might turn off a few more … Hence giving me a better chance at it :slight_smile:

Plus you have a baby on they way… You should make a baby chief!!! I would buy it!!

Haha yeah I second Nivo. Please INCREASE the cost of CLYW products Chris! I would totally spend an extra $20 ontop of the going rate if it meant I could casually choose the colorway I wanted and make the purchase at a time more convenient to me instead of having to tell my manager I cant come into work today because I have to snipe out a second run AC!

Here is some more information from Mr. Bist chronicling what he calls the “undercut” or “negative shape” design which is being featured in Glacier, Avant Garde and n11. His claim is that he has photographic proof (which he links to on his facebook) that he is the original designer of the shape and I quote:

" I think history books should write:
“In 2009 Mr. Bist created the negative shape, used in the years after by many companies that believed that the negative shape was the shape of future”."

Please read up on the issue here: http://www.singaporeyoing.com/2012/02/bst-explains-under-cut-design.html

ahem

You know, some of you guys simply don’t know how good we have it. For a hobby that is as cheap as it is, people can act like entitled babies when faced with something they like and can’t afford. It’s like we’re spoiled or something. Mow a few more lawns if you want it that bad. Sheesh.

I like the car analogy. I’m not about to whine because I can’t afford a Porsche when others can. Some of the things we will desire in this world are exclusive to those that have the means to acquire it. Deal with it.

EDIT: Or better yet, /do/ something about it and solve your own problem. Scrapping together another 40 bucks isn’t the end of the world.

The undercut isn’t new. Mr. B!ST didn’t do it first either. I believe that henrys did the first undercut with the lizard. I know for a fact that it came out before 2009.

Personally I happy with the prices of clyw and that they don’t stamp out a million yoyos per run. When I first started throwing I bought yyf and paid 65-100. There is no way I will ever get close to those prices if I sold them. they lose there value the second you click buy. Clyw and other high end yoyos hold there value a lot better if they are kept nice. Clyw isn’t just a yoyo like I heard sniffy say in a vlog its a experience right down to there packaging there cartoons just there look. They have a art inspired angle that I love and honestly I would rather pay 145-165 and if I didn’t like it sell it for close to, same price or even higher instead of pay 45 bucks cheaper and have to sell it for half the price and still have a hard time getting rid of it. Clyw isn’t insanely high in price. Look at turning point and yyr. I felt a little sick paying 210 for a marble positron considering its just a standard run not a 1 of 1 collectors item but I believe a yoyos value is in the eye of the beholder. If clyw is to much then don’t buy clyw or try to buy used. I don’t think clyw is ripping anybody off. They are making great stuff that like everybody has said they sell out right off the bat. If they were doing something wrong this wouldn’t happen. It would be totally stupid for any business that is at the top of there game and selling yoyos like hot cakes to say hey lets lower our prices to compete with the mass produced yoyos out there. I would rather have a piece of art. We can’t expect every brand to sell a cheap yoyo. If you can’t afford clyw or any other high end throw…buy your little dv888 and quit complaining

I agree with Patrick. Look at golf. You can buy a whole set of clubs for 100 bucks and I’m sure a pro could still work some magic with them but then you get to high end stuff and will pay 500+ for just irons. It is just people mad they they can’t afford it. I don’t expect ping to make a Walmart price club and I don’t expect clyw to do it ether. I think know matter what you do and how well you do it people will always hate. Chris is a super nice Guy and he along with any other high end yoyo maker don’t sit back in a cave laughing while twisting there handlebar mustache and watching us poor yoyoer empty out bank accounts. We should be thankful for the different levels of throws. Yoyos don’t make a yoyoer though… skill does