CLYW Bonfire

Yes I bought from you guys, just sent y’all an email a few ago. My axel seems like it has loctite or similar in it, I could barely take it apart the first time. The other end doesn’t budge at all, tried unscrewing with an allen wrench but didn’t want to force it. I’ll look forward to a reply from you guys, thanks! :slight_smile:

lol flat bearings. As if there’s no other options between CTX and flat. Why couldn’t they just go with no-name bulk concaves for cheap? Also love their whole approach to the CTXs of them being good and responsive being better and smoother and making you a better player. Yeah, maybe, if they were consistently responsive, instead what you ended up with was a bearing that would randomly snag and destroy your knuckles, but not respond when you wanted it to. Was it really too much to ask that they spend 20 minutes out of a single day to clean 1000 bearings? I mean how much effort would that really take in the grand scheme of things? Certainly less time than they spent writing that blog post and answering emails from unhappy customers.

Not good at changing bearings? What?

I bought a Shutter and wanted to change its bearing. Now as you all know, YYF is known to extra tighten their bearings in the yoyos; it was the same case with my shutter.
I had a hard time taking that bearing out. It was damaged at last. Anyway, so after that I just ask YYE people to switch the bearing if I need to, when I buy the yoyo. I don’t take the pain to wrestle with the yoyo.
I have heard that CLYW’s yoyos are easy to take the bearing out but I have just not tried that yet. If I’ll need to change these KonKaves in future, I’ll try doing it myself. For now they are doing great.

I had the same issue with my supernova. I looked around online for an answer and found out something neat. If you want to remove the bearing in your shutter, here’s what you have to do. Put the half of the yoyo with the bearing attached into the freezer. By doing this, the metal contracts (I think that’s the word). Leave it in there for about 30 min. Then try to remove the bearing again with a multi tool or pliers. Hope this helps!

Btw, clyw bearing are indeed loose fitting.

1 Like

That’s a neat trick. Thanks for that. I will keep this in mind when I’ll try to remove the bearing next time.

No problem man