CLYW and The Maple Syrup feel

I’ll make it easy for you: it’s Chris. It’s just the way he designs return tops. All great creatives have their own fingerprint, that bit of themselves that makes everything they create uniquely theirs…and with Chris, the way he designs return tops is just distinctively “his”.

Plenty of clyw drop $30 in value the second you get it. There’s very few throws today that will go up in price. CLYW has the Peak and YYF has the C22. Those are both coveted and expensive throws that continue to go up in price. How about something like the Genesis SS. Since it’s limited and popular it’s been doing fine on the resale market. I’ve seen people trade mint CLYW for beat 2009 severe’s and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen again. Of course some yoyofactory throws will not be worth as much because they’re so mass produced but I like that. Everyone has a chance to try the throw and beginners can pick up a great used metal for cheap that way.

You’re talking about how they lube their bearings with maple syrup, right? Think it’ll work for my OneDrop?

In case you didn’t get it, I was joking. EKerb was pretty clear that he wasn’t saying that.

oh wow thanks! do you happen to have any other pictures of random yoyos you could post here?

unfortunately, fiestas have never been made in the USA…

stop hitting quoting yourself! stop hitting quoting yourself!

Try it.

Gotta say I agree with this thread. I’m so new to CLYW that I’ve only got the Gnarwhal 2 and Puffin 2, and have only had them a week or so, but they just have that feel… Like I have a One Drop Code 2 Argonaut, and a MF Caesar, and a RecRev Octave 3, but the CLYWs just have that maple syrup magic that keeps me coming back

i have a lot of feelings about this company. branding is amazing. first one was the gnarwhal I loved it and now i have a ton. favorites are chief and puffins. i got my 1st run chief with crazy mechanical errors but it plays unique and amazing with no vibe so i feel special. I have 3 BvMs and they all have different levels of vibe. Both my peaks have ano flaws but that makes them ALL SPECIAL. I got the advanced scout vibed wonderin when the heck they gona fix this problem. I saw steves brown on the package my heart fell into my stomach and broke into a million pieces. now i think its losing its branding it feels like a sell out. Downtrend incoming. Free Speech!

1 Like

I think that was just the prototype packaging and it was a pre-release run of the prototypes. IDK if you knew that, but that’s not the way the box is gonna stay if I read correctly

There’s that feeling of amazing goodness and playability. One Drop.
Maple Syrupy Bacon lard and fun times. CLYW.
Buttery smoovness. Oxy.
Competition kings. C3yoyodesign.

And then complete god-like raw performance. YYR

From the clyws i tried, only the summit felt ok,(puffin 2,cliff,summit, and sonething i don’t remember) it sure has quality, but i’m not fan of their design at this point.

If you got an Advance Scout with vibe, we’ll happily replace it for you. Just email with with your order information at steve@clyw.ca.

1 Like

I like that Steve thanks the guy who just told him he was ruining the company he works for.

1 Like

thats just because Steve brown is that amazing

1 Like

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but I personally don’t see how having Steve’s name on it makes any difference whatsoever to the final product. It’s not like he’s sitting there with a lathe machining them all by hand.

Au contrair, it seems that since Steve has helped carry the yoke, Chris has been able to get back doing CLYW full time… so if anything it seems that Steve taking a bunch of the workload off him was actually a good thing indeed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

^From the guy who posts random one-liners all day (example at the top of the page).

Are you referring to the random yo-yo that I was discussing within that post that happened to be on topic? Sure. I’m taking requests.

1 Like

I agree. I got my box in the mail and thought it was cool to get a package with his name on it. Different strokes I guess.

2 Likes

…I see where this is going…

(db anticipates the "Steve Brown’s name on the box splash game-style and photo competition thread…)

Now, back on topic: Why just maple syrup? I’m convinced there’s just as great influence of Back bacon, Butter tarts, and (Canadian) Beer feel with a CLYW, but it’s probably not obvious to those uninitiated to the world of sophisticated Canadian cuisine, eh?

db

1 Like

I think that’s a cool selling point. Let’s do it!

I was passing this around at the contest this past weekend, and people were loving it. The specs are just right for me too.

Eye candy!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7555/16348081935_62a0131633_z.jpgAdvanceScout by The TotalArtist, on Flickr