Choosing CLYW yoyo - [Merged]

It sounds like the Summit may be a perfect fit for you…

Yes you will like the Summit.

No yoyo is built to snag, so “no snagging” is an interesting criteria. :wink: I think that snagging is largely a function of the response (which can generally be replaced or broken in) and string (use a different brand or type!).

Of the 3 you’ve listed, I haven’t played the Summit, so I can’t comment. I’d get the Chief over the Gnarwhal. The Gnarwhal is smaller, less stable, and spin-time is shorter when compared the the Chief.

That’s amazingly helpful.

Hmm, but what to get? The Chief and AC are fast. So is the BvMr2

The Cliff is floaty but big. The Glacier Express is actually surprisingly speedy

I’m thinking the Puffin would be fairly ideal. As would be the Avalanche, but not as floaty. Both work very well pushed fast, so you have the option there at all times.

As far as long spinning and no snagging, any CLYW is going to meet that criteria. As far as not snagging, I’ve found I only have snag issues with a bad response, bad bearing or me doing something bad. I find that to be true with pretty much any yoyo.

All I will say about the Summit is that it would probably meet your requirements. This is a yoyo I won’t have in my collection though. I know, this won’t make sense, as I have played one and I found it to be amazing. But, I don’t like the collab thing, so since it isn’t a one-brand item, I won’t be purchasing one. If one were to magically end up in my mailbox, that’s a different issue.

I say summit. If that doesn’t work for some reason a chief is the next best thing. The summit is nice and floaty but still solid, a medium speed, very stable, very long spinner. Seriously my favorite of all time.

Chief bruh

I agree. Chief won’t let you down. Perfect all around yoyo.

I gotta say go for the summit

Well., if money doesn’t matter, just buy one of every clyw!

Lol he doesn’t have THAT much :wink:

Thanks Alex fairhurst! That helped!

1 Like

Okay. So I have been thinking about this for awhile. Should I get a clyw bear vs. Man 2 or a clyw chief?? ???

Wtf calm down on the bumps.

Do you have any preferences? Any current throws? What’s your skill level. With the information I currently have I would say get both…

Both great yo-yos, really depends on your preferences. Check the specs, read some reviews and decide. At the end of the day, hard to go wrong with either. I like the chief more, but can’t give you a good reason why, other than I feel more confident when I throw it than almost any other yo-yo.

Also, eeeeeasy on the bumps man. Have fun with whichever throw you decide on! :wink:

They are both very different throws. Where the Chief is solid, but a bit floaty; the BvM2 is solid with speed and heft. Both are the best of the current CLYW lineup IMHO.

I think these guys are right. Get them both. If you can only afford one at a time - flip a coin.

Should I get a CLYW New avalanche or chief? I like smooth, floaty, long spinning play. With good grinds. Which one should I get?!?! ::slight_smile:

Bump

Bump

I would agree with Geezer on this… Both are excellent yoyo’s… Again IMHO the best two CLYW to date…

Wrong place, but I’d go with the chief