Chinese throws...

Well, please accept my compliment for your mastery in making assumptions. That was an admirable feat of critical thinking skills.

Ok, letā€™s end it here before we both get banned :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet most people here donā€™t know what company is actually doing the bootlegging a good majority of the time. However, following the paperwork isnā€™t easy, and it comes down to cross-referencing dates and agreements.

But yes, there are a fair number of Chinese companies doing bootlegs. At the same time, some of these companies also produce original designs that are in turn licensed and bootlegged. There are also Chinese companies trying to do completely original designs as much as possible whenever possible. And some of the brands accused of bootlegging are not bootlegging but doing so with licensing agreements.

Hereā€™s my opinion:
I donā€™t care. If itā€™s fun and I like it, I just otherwise donā€™t give a load of crap. I know itā€™s not the best attitude at times. I wonā€™t further argue or justify my position. Iā€™m also not going to sit on some moral high horse since Iā€™m NOT capable of it. I buy what I like. I donā€™t have time to research who is bootlegging who, as well as who is actually guilty of it, or what agreements are or arenā€™t in place. I will say that as much as possible, I prefer to support the ā€œbig brandsā€. However, in the case of the YYF SuperWide vs the Aoda Miracle, I gotta say I prefer the Miracle over the Superwide. Right? Wrong? Donā€™t care. Itā€™s my preference.

YYE is has made their position clear. Thatā€™s fine. Iā€™ll accept it. Some brands are kinda sketchy, despite also providing original designs. However, YYE knows full well that if YYE doesnā€™t carry it, we will go elsewhere to get the stuff we are looking for. I do it, others do it too. Sometimes YYE flat out doesnā€™t carry what I want, so again I have to go elsehwere. Case and point: YYR Diffusion, YYE currently doesnā€™t have it. Even so, I still spend a lot of money at YYE. Why? They got lots of stuff I want, so why shouldnā€™t I?

Oops, got carried away.

I am more than happy to do so, if you would accept my humble request to bestowing more of your great wisdom on the community with its serious deficiency in proper assumption-making skills and the art of overlooking facts to formulate ambiguous and incoherent statements.

You really are trying to push it arenā€™t you?

Only as much as you are.

Soā€¦ How 'bout dem throws! ::slight_smile:

Nice review, Iā€™ve read it a few times now, along with the pointless nonsense that was rudely interjected.

Itā€™s well put together and brings up some good points. I was kind of interested with the hub stacks being loud. Never kind of thought about generic stacks, but it makes sense.

Maybe Iā€™ll try some of these out. Thanks!

This should be lockedā€¦

The stacks in my Magic YoYos are very loud. Then again, when using the stacks on my Madhouse Epic, thatā€™s also very loud. I wonder if the bearings on the Magic yoyos just need a serious cleaning to resolve that issue, or at least address it. I havenā€™t really done much stack play with my PGM, SuperStar, Mutant DNA and Duncan MoMentuM, so I canā€™t really fairly evaluate, but if memory serves, those tended to be very quiet. It could also be that due to the 5X9X3 dimensions of the Magic YoYo stack bearings, maybe that bearing is just naturally loud?

I do admit, even though I thrive on sound, being an audio engineer and all, I do like my yoyos to at least not be screaming! Some of course are naturally louder than others. Some shapes amplify the sound.

With the Madhouse Epic being a premium stacked yoyo and being super loud, and Magic YoYo, being a budget-oriented brand also being super loud on the stacks, I am thinking this is not exactly a measure of quality and price. Iā€™ve been buying a fair amount of various Chinese stuff lately, including King Yo Star and God Tricks as well, just to name a few. In general, Iā€™ve been pleased. My biggest issue has bee with patent enforcement and trade laws preventing the companies from shipping the intended bearing in the yoyo. Fortunately, due to my inventory in bearings, I have been able to resolve these kind of issues. For example, King Yo Star is either shipping a KK or a KK-kopy in their yoyos, but not to the United States. For those yoyos intended for sale in the United Sates, they ship a flat full of grease. Now, once cleaned, these bearings are actually pretty decent. In my case though, both of the yoyos I purchased have played their best with a KK actually installed in them and thatā€™s what they have in them now, so Iā€™ve put the flat bearing in my pile of ā€œgood bearingsā€ for use later on with a different yoyo. Swapping bearings isnā€™t a big deal to me. I buy bearings anyways, I like to have a few of everything on hand for experimentation purposes. Matching the bearing to the yoyo can be fun.

If one is willing to explore some of the Chinese brands, thereā€™s a lot of good stuff out there. YYE isnā€™t stupid either. Theyā€™ve clearly seen some good stuff and chosen to carry it here. Letā€™s face it, if you havenā€™t tried some of the God Tricks stuff, I really recommend it. Budget-friendly and fantastic performance. Obviously, Andre saw something good enough about the brand to choose to carry it on YYE. Shinwoo is I think Korean, but thatā€™s some good stuff too. I think I really should get a Zen soon.

C3 is in Chinaā€¦

I am glad most of you took this review seriously. Hope I helped out.