Cal States 2013 roll call!

Scratch that. Flight booked ready to go!! Super excited!

I’m going. I’m 45 minutes away from Sacramento so its my best bet.

I am for sure going. I can’t wait to see the CLYW boys compete:D

50/50, if my dad is willin to pay for the gas lol!

Sell a yoyo and help him!!

how are they being redone?

Last year they went on forever with so many entries. This year the prelims will be held in a seperate area while other events are happening on stage.

oooohhhh… Aren’t prelims like qualifiers, though?

Yeah, it’s to pare down the list of entries to determine who goes to finals.

I wasn’t going to go, but since the summit might be there…

I know. I am hoping to pick one up:D

do you really think the Summit will be at CAL States?! I have to go, now!!!

Hey Guys:
Here to answer any and all questions about Cal States this weekend.

Attendance is free

Registration starts at 9-9:30AM depending on when the tables arrive

Registration for 1a - 5a, Fixed Axle, Ladder division is $10 per division. If you compete in Ladder, you can not compete in any other division.

1A Prelims: Will happen in a store off stage. After you register, you will need to get in line to do your prelims. If you are competing in another division you will have a “Cut in line” pass that will allow you to jump behind the first person in line. At a “Cut in Line” will not follow another “Cut in Line” which will allow both lines to move in the event of line backlog. You can bring in two people with you to watch / record. As I understand it, the windows to the prelim room will be partially obscured.

2a-5a Prelims will start between 10-11am depending on how smoothly registration goes.

Fixed Axle will happen after 4a, and before 5a.

There will be 10 table vendors (YYE, YYC, YYBB, General-Yo, YYSL, Crucial, TMBR, CLYW, CYYC, and OnSite Prints) there will be a few roaming backpack vendors also.

Prizes: 1st place in 1a is $1000, 1st place in 2a-5a is $300 (each division) 1st place for Fixed Axle is $100.

Three Ladder Division winners (1st place in each age group) will win a Lenovo IdeaTab Tablet (great color tablet)

There will be a livestream on YoYoSkills.com and CalStateYoYo.com with live color commentary by the YoYoUniversity crew and special guests. You will be able to tweet them with #calstatetyoyo or #colinandgreg

I don’t think I forgot anything, but will be here periodically over the next two days to answer any questions so bring them on.

www.calstateyoyo.com

Facebook = http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-State-Yo-Yo-Championship/182719148493834?ref=hl

Twitter - https://twitter.com/calstateyoyo

2 Likes

From what I understand, yes, if everything goes according to plan, yes.

epic!!! Thanks btw

IM GOING!!! SO HYPEEEDDD!!!

If anyone wants to look for me im a chubby filipino 13 year old lol!

k I’ll keep that in mind! Lol

Hey guys,I just went on twitter and found out Ann’s flight got cancelled,so she can’t make it to Cal States :frowning:

wow that’s terrible! I bet she’s super dissapointed… And I don’t blame her.