Cal States 2013 roll call!

I will be working with Studio42. I will be the guy doing sound in the 1A prelims room.

Im leaving for calstates in 30 mins! Exited!

How much is parking?

Driving up shortly! Will have a bunch of yoyo cigar boxes and a few special General Yos with me. :wink:

Should be free, its at the mall right?

I’m guessing those torrent IIs that you put on the loaded FB. Wish I was in Cali, I would try to get that skittles variation off you :frowning:

What an awesome quality event! Met a bunch of people and had a great time. I got a FG Avalanche and my son got a kendama, which was fun. He kept trying to spike that thing, but then I saw someone spin the ball and then spike it. I spiked it on the first try right in front of his eyes. He and his gf were blown away, until he tried spinning the ball and having a much easier time, lol.

Today was great! Even though I got there late, it was a blast. It was really cool seeing meeting everyone and of course seeing those who I’ve met before again.

Thanks to Chris and everyone who made this event possible. It truly was awesome.

My Pleasure

This was my first big contest and man was I blown away by how awesome it was. I’ve been replaying moments all day on the flights back to Tucson.

You will love the Time-lapse video I am uploading then. 10 hours of contest in 3 and a half minutes

What a great contest!!! My son and I had a blast. Chris did an amazing job of hosting this year’s contest.

I loved the Prelims being off stage. My son did the Trick Ladder and I wish I knew what place he got (like they do at the Bay Area Contest). Are the results available online?

I’m glad the judges enforce the music rules. There were two really inappropriate words (starts with “f” and starts with “p”) that was a bit shocking. That is inexcusable, and what a stupid way for a professional to be disqualified.

Gentry was amazing. He’s my son’s yoyo teacher at the Chico Yoyo Club, and to watch him perform and win was a real treat.

Thanks again. It was amazing.