Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread 🦋 - More colours and special editions?

I feel you, Bumblebee was the first of these A bearing retros and it defiantly was confusing for a lot of players, I just left mine stock as an unresponsive slim line, but this one became more of a novelty, and I would have been bummed trying to get that one to play more like the originals. I was also not too ecstatic about the first AL Butterflys (2019) as well with its smaller diameter and big bearing, I thought Duncan originally missed the mark, it wasn’t until I got an Unknown version and just excepted it as a semi-responsive mid-sized pocket throw did my distaste subside. On paper these 2023 AL Butterflys hit a lot of marks, I hope they will also be compatible with the 48mm Duncan cap standard as that will add another layer of customization across the Freehand line up.

7 Likes

Well said!

3 Likes

The price increases are not intentional. It’s just smaller batch. Wayy smaller batch compared to what we normally release.

Expect more limited quantities and one-time releases in 2023.

10 Likes

Any chance we’ll ever see “transitional” Butterfly’s?

1 Like

We are exploring other colors. We do have another set in the next couple of months.

Getting new colors for Butterfly is quite a long battle, so after these two rounds, we might sit down on the idea for a bit.

EDIT: yes, it’s possible!

8 Likes

Nice! Can‘t wait to see what colors you guys come up with for the next run(s). Hoping for purple and black.

Purple is available from Amazon now.

3 Likes

Yes, yes it is :purple_heart:

10 Likes

I saw this one already (not on Amazon but on Ebay though). Getting it to Germany where I live will get pretty costly unfortunately. Also I should have been more accurate/specific with my last post. I‘m hoping for some combination of black and purple. Purple body with black caps and black printing, or a black body with purple caps and black printing…or a completely black out one would be awesome. I was hoping to see a combination like those with the Butterfly Al (which is the only throw I collect different color variations).
Thanks very much for the suggestion though.

1 Like

New Triangle Butterfly :butterfly: spotted

@bjardin Throw Duncan

18 Likes

I dig it.

2 Likes

I would love the Midnight Special logo to come back

2 Likes

Oh dang, this is awesome! Did you see any other details about where and when it’s releasing?

2 Likes

It might just be a color sample :thinking:. But if @bjardin knows there is interest they could become a thing :wink:.

New AL Imperial Live stream happening however

3 Likes

That’s a Maniax edition I believe, in Japan. There are 6 different variations. Transparent red, blue and yellow. All with either gold or silver print. I really want to order them but haven’t brought myself to spend $30 for shipping :pensive:

Maybe if enough people want them we can do a larger order and split the cost. There would be additional shipping when it hits the states. If 5-6 people would be interested let me know and Incan get you the details.

3 Likes

I would be down for this. I couldn’t even find where to order them…

2 Likes

Hey @AaronW, I’d be interested. I would like to order a yellow/green and a blue one. I’d need to think if I want silver or gold print. :thinking:
Edit: I’ve concluded that I would want silver print for the blue and likely gold print for the yellow/green.

2 Likes

I have found photos of the other variants:

10 Likes

Put me down for a yellow if this happens!

3 Likes

Any idea if Target will be restocking these? I need some more giveaways.

I just saw a white one too! Where do we get that?

1 Like