The Duncan Butterfly AL is back in new colors!

From Duncan: The idea of transforming the Butterfly into aluminum is a pretty bold concept. The original Butterfly design is really something you don’t want to mess around with. After a lot of thought, we finally decided to design something aimed towards modern responsive yo-yoing; maintaining the feel of the original Butterfly but gearing the yo-yo towards a trickset that wasn’t invented at the time of the original Butterfly’s release. Our goal became to keep that timeless Duncan feeling, to make the yo-yo play responsively without sacrificing performance, and, of course, to keep the look of the Butterfly AL as close to that of the original Butterfly as possible.

Releasing Friday 1/28 @ 8PM EST.

15 Likes

Awesome!

@YoYoExpertGarrett can you take a shot of the pink colorway that shows closer detail of the face engraving please? I admit it looks like it may be hard to do due to the hue.

4 Likes

14 Likes

I’m super tempted to snag one, even though I’ve tried the Butterfly AL in the past and didnt click with it.

I wonder if now that I really understand responsive yoyoing will I like it more? Or will the small pads and C bearing still feel off. Its a little heavy, but I really love my Gamer Light. So undeceive.

2 Likes

White on white engraving looks so pretty…

5 Likes

You could put a slim bearing in instead of the stock, makes a world of difference in play.

2 Likes

Wow, gorgeous. Love the engraving :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh man, and I thought I was done spending money this month! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Tell me about it :unamused::sweat_smile:

Hey. Couple questions.

Are they all 50 bucks? and are these all the editions dropping?

4 Likes

Yep, they’re all $49.99. And there is also an Unknown edition releasing at a later date.

6 Likes

damn it, now I can’t resist. I need an unknown butterlfly to match my unknown freehand al =O

2 Likes

Pink was looking sweet, but I couldn’t resist the silver.

2 Likes

Unknown edition?!?!

I NEED IT!

1 Like

I was all in until that bi metal bumble bee popped up in my feed. It’s been hot drop after hot drop since January :hot_face:

8 Likes

I’m gonna need two of those. I’ve been playing the proto off and on for about a year, good stuff!

7 Likes

I feel the same way, Duncan is single-handedly blowing my yoyo budget!

4 Likes

You keep throwing up temptation (sounds like a good name for a yoyo.)

I have several older Butterflies but they are all plastic.

Looking good!

3 Likes

The pink really makes me want a “Duncan Equals Love” edition…

6 Likes

Butterfly AL’s are my weaknesses. I bought three.

2 Likes