Duncan Butterfly AL Restock! New colors online now!

10 Likes

:frowning:
/sigh
No :green_heart: love.
That blue/pink is freaking awesome though!

4 Likes

Omg I just got a pink blue one, that colour is super fly

2 Likes

I got one and love it. Such a rad color combo.

7 Likes

This yoyo is such a disappointment. If Duncan had have put some decent thought to this, this could have been their entry into current modern 0A metal market.

It was a dumb idea to treat it like a collectable novelty.

Edit: I just read in the description that they actually intend this to be a modern responsive release. They obviously have no idea where the modern metal responsive scene is at. And a 4mm gap? Try shooting the moon with that. They should have done their homework and checked out the Alleycat, Weekender and Deepstate before designing this.

5 Likes

Which makes me sad, cause I really want to love this thing :frowning:

1 Like

Ehhhh, I think folks are being too harsh. I’ve heard it’s a fun yoyo and it absolutely is rad looking.

Is it how I would have designed a metal butterfly? No. But I also don’t think there’s anything all that wrong with it. It’s not so different from the Sherpa as far as gap with a full size bearing (can it fit a half spec?). Heck, even the well loved Walter had a ~3.5mm gap width.

3 Likes

Have you tried the yo-yo?

4 Likes

I think it’s good and more than capable for modern play

1 Like

No. But I can see from the specs and design that it really isn’t up to speed in terms of modern metal responsive play.

Sure you would be able to play it and it would be responsive, but it would fall very short in a few ways.

Can it still Shoot the Moon, though?

I played Jakes and thought it was really fun. It’s not tuned for overly snappy stall type play but it was solid in that category of “this is the yo-yo I really wanted in the year 2000” (more like the Walter/Theodore vs. the Alleycat)

6 Likes

That sounds spot on.

3 Likes

You can put a 1/2 spec in it. 4mm gap is with the full C flat that it comes with.

4 Likes

and Yes it shoots and lunars even with the full flat. Using MFD Phat vines

4 Likes

Well if it takes a half spec, all is well!

3 Likes

This restock makes me so happy. I actually love this yoyo. I rarely buy copies. That pink and blue just looks incredible. Now I will use this new one for edc and keep my silver one in the cool, special box from WYYC all minty fresh.

Also, I look forward to a ButterTi fixie for the 100th anniversary :grin:

4 Likes

Well yeah but this is the big DV888 criticism, too, Glen, so if you disagree with it there but agree with it here… Idunnowhuttatellya

2 Likes

Half spec changed my mind. Makes all the difference.

@YoYoExpertGarrett do these bad boys come with a halfspec?