Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

Today I stopped by the local Target on the way home from work, they had a bin full of new butterflys, red, blue and 3 pinks that I scooped up. They also had red, green and blue Imperials, but no orange in either style. Still trying to find out if the Imperials got a new mould as well.

2 Likes

I know their only $3 but I had this one for a few months and got attached :cry

On to the next one

8 Likes

Save the cap, maybe do a half swap.

2 Likes

Ok hype beasts, check this out!

Aluminum Butterfly 2023

11 Likes

Let the ding set you free - oh wait :thinking:

2 Likes

But how?

Is it a fixie?

2 Likes

A-size bearing

2 Likes

No its got an a size bearing

2 Likes

I tried to juggle instead of yo :disguised_face:

I donā€™t juggle well and had just a butterfly and a ball. You could say I learned a valuable lesson that day

2 Likes

The price point has me turned off on those and the Imperials. I get stuff is more expensive now, and there are construction points on a hollow yoyo that make it take more to get together, but $70 for a (letā€™s face it) novelty monometal is a bit much.

I will still buy one eventually.

10 Likes

I agree that the price is aggressive. They had ten percent off which helped. I got a purple of each one.

5 Likes

I completely agree. The price definitely feels proud.

4 Likes

I feel the price is in-line with other current 0a throws. I think I everyone is trying to compare it to the price if the og AL butterfly and the fact that its duncan and people have gotten use to $50 price range for mono-metals from them. I passed on the og because the size was alot smaller than what I prefer in a 0a yoyo. Even the RBC felt tiny to me and took some getting used to. I do hope these stick around for a bit. I would like to pick them up eventually but I have other things on the radar at this moment. Iā€™m sure I will cave and get the butterfly soon and come back for the imperial at some point. Looking forward to seeing what people think of them though.

4 Likes

Price is totally in line with modern metal 0A yoyos, especially when you compare to hollowbody throws (butterfly al 2023 is even dual material which adds complexity as well). RBC, El Mijo are both more expensive than 2023 al Butterfly/Imperial. Day Tripper and Weekenders are more expensive (and are true monometals to boot).

Modern responsives dont sell in the same volume as unresponsives. Small runs and complex manufacturing make for relatively high prices when compared to more simple monometals run at higher volumes.

9 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that the two piece construction probably adds cost. I love my plastic imperials and Iā€™m sure the metal one will feel pretty nice. Not sure it will be as nice/fun/usable as the RBC, but hopefully in the same ball park.

5 Likes

I feel it. Also not saying they wonā€™t sell at that price, or it wasnā€™t warranted. Just a little steep for me. And again, I WILL likely purchase both an Imperial and a Butterfly. Maybe on yoyo day or through BST.

3 Likes

The Bi-Metal Cold Fusion GT is at the same price point and it Slaps, these new ā€œModern Classicsā€ are a fun niche within the realm of releases

@bjardin Throw Duncan

5 Likes

Cold fusion gt is a beast. I wish the Bumblebee coulda been as much.

4 Likes

I think I got soured by the Bumblebee release. I got an all black with ano issues, which was replaced promptly, but it never played well despite tweaking. Obviously all of these other models are not that yoyo, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s where my bias is coming from.

4 Likes