Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

im tryna be patient and wait for the pastels comingā€¦ the maniax ones are tight though. Hereā€™s a red blue halfswap with the original triangle logo from the 90sā€¦

11 Likes

I was told the material on the Maniax versions is different than the standard Butterflyā€™s that you can pick up in the US. Is that what you thought too?

1 Like

I donā€™t have a maniax edition, definitely have not see black opaque caps on butterflys anywhere in the us but i want them. I would guess they are similar to the duncan psychedelics new mold just with black color. the translucent red and blue is out there in the us market, but that yellow is not ( the yellow is awesome, not a common color Iā€™ve seen used for butterflys).

3 Likes

Might be hard to see in the photo, but I made some stands tonight out of clear plastic sheet to display my butterflies on a shelf (upright, so they donā€™t roll off). :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

These look great!

9 Likes

iā€™m so pumped for mine to arrive!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s prettyā€¦

9 Likes

Time for some new mold Butterfly science!

Pretty consistent. I think I prefer the hand feel of the Maniax but doubt I could pick it out blindfolded.

12 Likes

Linking my butterfly modding thread here for all the Butterfly hype beastsā€¦

5 Likes

What a great thread to read through. Especially after spending the morning looking through photos of the Butterfly AL.

I didnā€™t realize a new plastic butterfly was released. Now I have to debate: 2023 plastic, Butterfly AL, or Butterfly AL with delrin caps. Decisions decisions!

1 Like

11 Likes

Will be posting cool vintage ones soon but here are some recent butterfly mods we did.

5 Likes

rad! are you milling the plastic on a lathe?

Do you think if I swing into a target on the way home from work theyā€™ll have the new butterflies somewhere?

The last couple of times I stop by my local Target all they had were butterfly XT. They no longer had any throws in the discount bins at the front of the store.

Iā€™m about to risk it all and investigate.

Goodluck!

the target butterflyā€™s were a limited time thing for the holidays =[

1 Like

if they do it again next year iā€™m gonna clear them out, lol.

Yeah, no luck :frowning: