Bryan Figueroa Forum Chat AMA and GIVEAWAY Wed to Friday (1/5 to 1/7)!

Nice! Sharing them here! :blush:

10 Likes

Yes, all the time. Social media is great to share tricks and concepts but even with a sea of nice comments, a single negative comment can really tarnish your moon. But at the end of the day haters going to hate. I’m also my worse critic, I didn’t post as often as I do now because I would be hyper critical with all my posts.

11 Likes

Lately I really like the MiLarge and Kagerou from Japan Technology but i will always love the Shaqshine series. I also really enjoy the new FH1 from Duncan.

8 Likes

When designing artwork - yes! but when designing my signature yo-yo we go thru various prototypes changing the design until it’s what I envisioned.

6 Likes

Some of the people I admire in yoyoing are : Paul Escolar / John Ando / Yuuki Spencer / Shinji Saito / Kentaro Kimura / Grant Johnson / Eric Tranton and Spencer Berry to name a few.

8 Likes

What’s the most important thing you’ve learned/experienced from competing in yo-yo?

5 Likes

I own at least one of every Unknown yoyo that has been produced and as for my favorite each design has its own special place and story so I cant decide.

13 Likes

In response to this - how much do you personally feel like you draw from other styles in your own play?
Sorry, it’s a bit difficult to quantify.

2 Likes

Mistakes can and will happen and it’s part of the game to learn and adapt. Failure is Unknown.

13 Likes

Thank you for that reply. And thank you for taking the time to do this with all of us, it is so appreciated.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if I can answer that specifically because I usually get inspiration from a single element of a trick and make a new trick from that. Or sometimes I see a trick that i really like and just try to make up my own inspired from that before learning the actual trick.

8 Likes

What is your favourite holiday destination?

5 Likes

When did you decide to make the jump to 4a? Anything in particular that inspired you? It seems like such a cool style of yoyoing and I’m not sure when I’ll be “ready”.

P.S. really cool of you to make yourself available for this. Loving to see all the great questions/responses!

5 Likes

You have been very successful in competing! Do you consider yourself talented or is it all hard work that got you where you are or a combination of both?

3 Likes

Do you have any pets or favourite animals?

5 Likes

Japan or Mexico for sure! But i really want to go to New Zeland

6 Likes

I saw that at the time most 4A was just boing-e-Boingy and leg orbits and i saw a lot of potential for other tricks and ideas! So I decided to focus on 4a as my main competitive style but i have always done 1A in the background as well. Just never really competed in 1A

7 Likes

His name is ASH

15 Likes

You still work a full time job as well as doing all the Unknown work. How much time each day do you get to actually throw? How much more of a focus is throwing for you prior to a competition?

4 Likes

I believe it both because trust me it didn’t come naturally to me. I had to practice a lot but coming up with tricks was more natural

6 Likes