Brad Countryman Spin tops

Couldn’t find this info anywhere, so asking here.
Are BC spin top plastic tips replaceable? If the are does anyone have a resource to get them?

I wish I knew just opened up a box and didn’t see any info on tips. There is someone on the forum recently selling BC yo-yos and might have an answer. Here is the model I checked.

4 Likes

Okay went further into the vault. Here is an old catalog from 2001. I think it would show up here if they existed. I still don’t have a definite answer on the tips. I don’t have any old BC catalogs.

7 Likes

Thanks for what info you provided.
Maybe I’ll try the old phone number I have for Mr. Countryman.
Not to be morbid, but I hope he is still around.

1 Like

Saw Brad back in 2017? At the contest in Chico he signed a BC Phantom.

3 Likes

They made some pretty tops, but that kind of top is really old school.
The average life expectancy of the top was not long enough to get a replacement tip if you were playing with it right.

5 Likes

Man I want ALL OF THOSE TOPS!!!

My boy Jon Gates would be thrilled to see that pic he loves it when his stuff pops up

2 Likes

By the way, if you like spin tops you’ve GOT to check out my favorite scoop from Nats it’s the new hotness from @MarkD The Unicorn!!! I am OBSESSED with it and will be filming new tricks using it over the next few weeks:

I’m not sure if insta links work check @bobafretdave on insta to see it

There’s a pic in the meantime

7 Likes

As anyone can see by my screen name, I like wooden skill toys. There is something about the warm feel of wood. It is also that there is craftsmanship involved in producing a wooden toy.
A plastic toy is cold feeling and obviously mas-produced with little concern for craftsmanship.
My first spin top does happen to be a plastic toy however, only because it was inexpensive. Also I don’t need to worry about dings and scratches while learning.
I’m a casual player so old school is good for me. Maybe on down the road something more advanced. Get there when I get there.

:man_shrugging: I never really learned my way around spin tops. (For the same reason I never really learned my way around 3, 4, and 5a: my spouse is sensitive to noise. This is also the secret behind why most of my collection remains in good cosmetic condition.)

My BC yoyos were bought up by a vendor, though (shameless plug) I do have some wooden spin tops available (including a new-condition BC) I was holding on to them as possible goodies for sales, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

1 Like

Yes, old school is fine, but a lot of these were beat up and destroyed by how they were played with, outside, like battle tops. The plastic tops are more popular for tricks because they are lighter and quicker. I think most of the cheaper (less expensive) tops are just made to last until they break, then be replaced. I usually play with the inexpensive tops because they are great for wire walking tricks.

1 Like

Hey I was looking through some old top stuff and found this, it is very close to what the BC top tip looks like, at least the exposed part. It is roughly 6mm wide at the shaft, around 9.5 at the base. It is a spare from a wood top by roystopshop.

3 Likes