Bootleg yoyos not allowed in competition?

Most entertaining thread right here.
grabs popcorn

1 Like

If you like butterscotch try Chelsea. It’s what cool old people hand out.

1 Like

[quote=“Decahedron,post:59,topic:49360”]
A yoyo called the Competizione…that’s primarily flat black, and therefore unsuitable for competition.

Maybe it was a joke and I just didn’t get it?

3 Likes

I think most people in this thread saying Mr. Bist is awesome haven’t actually met him in real life to understand

If you share his love for Cointreau, and are ready to get down to brass tacks and do some business, you’ll get along fine with him, as I have. Money talks and bull***t walks–there’s his personal philosophy and people think that that makes him a jerk.

Mr. Bist has been quite nice to me. Even though he turned me down when I asked for his services… He could have simply said “No, leave me alone, I’m sick of all of you messaging me” or “You again? How many times do I have to tell you NO! before you get it through your thick skull!”, but instead he’s always taken time out to type a 2 or 3 paragraph response thanking me and declining in a very polite manner. Last time he went on to offer me advice/tips on how to mod yoyo’s… pretty much offering his secrets.

Once I asked him if he’d ever make a precision gyroscope. He said he thought the idea was boring, but he also said he would consider trying it in his free time.

To be honest, he didn’t even have to respond to my e-mails, but he always has… and he’s always been pretty respectful to me. And who am I? I’m just some random user on the internet.

I like to give what I get. Maybe Mr. Bist does too? I always treat him first class, and he’s always done the same for me. Treat others like you like to be treated? Idk.

Also, I’d like to throw in a few more cents… I think the Competizione Super Evo 3 is AWESOME

B!st and YYF should collaborate on a yoyo.

The promo video could be them hugging.

To pertain to the topic, bootlegs aren’t neeeccessarily bootlegs. Duncan supposedly had the Flipside spacer system patented way before it was released, which is why C3s Sceptre was shut down. I call total BS myself, but anywho. Yoyofactory gets credit for Stacks, when all they did was add an oring (Woop de doo) to secure it. YYF was nowhere near the first to use Stacks, they are just the one last Major American brand who uses China to make any yoyo after 2009 to use it still. Madhouse did a stack concept finally, and I like it. I actually got my hands on a 07 YYF 888. I have Synergy Caps in my YYJ Aquarius. So of course Ben can claim he knows who’s bootleggin and all, He an expert int hat field. Alchemy did stacks, and so did many other BIG companies from the early 21st century. YYF has so many fanboys, it’s okay for them to do things, but god forbid a slightly smaller, more innovative, true to their colors and team company trie something, and YYF jumps on 'em. Remember, Duncan did the same way back in the day, and it was their 50 year downfall, if I remember correctly. Pointing fingers gets us nowhere, that’s already been proven. YYF does the same, while Duncan learned and moved on (Sort of). I’dd rather buy a Duncan moderatley priced Chinese mad yoyo than an overpriced YYF “American” Chinese throw. So again, Let us not say that word Bootleg here, and claim we don’t do it. I think that’s rather Hypocritical of you, Ben, if I may say so.

I actually Love YYF’s older throws, as quite a few chatters here know. I really think YYF has gone downhill since their starts, mainly because y’all lost your charm, so to speak. Whatever happened to the G5, or your Frantic and C13. Whatever happened to your fun in competition. Even your players now look serious, over s sport that was never meant to be srious. Yoyos are about fun, innovation, and doing what you love. So fogive me for Bashing on you Ben, but I do feel that way now. I remember when I started yo-ing, Y’all were all I bought. Granted, they were your lesser Plastics due to my allowance. Now your Plastics are preffered by a good chunk of yo-ers. Your Older metals are considered pieces of Yoyo History by some of us in my Yoyo Meet Group. Some of your newer metal throws are, no offesne to you, a pile of insulting trash to some of us. Some of us are still waiting for that YYF renaissance, so to speak. I know it sounds dumb, but it’s very true.

2 Likes

I found this awkward to read…

I like yoyos that spin on the end of the string!

1 Like

I don’t like that kind.

Yes, I alluded to this in an earlier post. With his talent and their resources, they could mass produce the greatest yoyo for all time. But YYF is no doubt not ready to invest the no-doubt huge chunk of change it would take to employ the services of a genius like Mr. B!st.

Mr. Bist can produce a run of yoyos… He’s doing it right now. But I highly doubt he’d want YYF to “mass produce” his design… and I’d assume to him collaborating wouldn’t be worth it when he can just do it himself :wink:

he doesn’t need anyone’s help… really. He simply just doesn’t make yoyo’s for a job. This is exactly word for word what he told me once: “darn man, you don’t know how much I loved to give my work to collector like you, but yoyoing is not my job”

He can, and has, and IS making runs of yoyos. But he does it for fun, not for money. So yeah, if he wanted to be much bigger, simply put; he could.

Whats a Mr. Bist?

Mr. Bist is a guy who makes yoyos.

Ah, ah, ah. Mr. B!st is THE guy who makes yoyos.

This is fantastic.

Seriously, thank you YYE for letting this thread stay open so long. I think letting everyone air out their grievances and take pot-shots at each other for a little while has actually helped. Although it can (and has) gotten way out of hand on other occasions, this thread actually serves a great purpose and will hopefully continue to do so.

You’re welcome… :wink: