Between 3 One drops

Hi guys! I’m stuck choosing between three separate yoyos right now, they are all a bit different from each other. I was wondering what people think of the One Drop Fat Tire, Silhouette, and Down Beat 2020.

EDIT:
I am also considering the Kuntosh 5000qv, but I have never played a onedrop before and am unsure if I would like it

1 Like

Just got the 20/20 and it’s great. The lighter weight makes it play a bit faster, but it still retains that old school, laid back feel. Not a speedy throw and you probably won’t see it on a stage anywhere, but lots of fun. Perfect for a lazy afternoon throw sesh.

4 Likes

This stuff is so subjective, so take it with a grain of salt. I have had a lot of fun with the Fat Tire since it came out. It kind of reminds me of a fun, goofier sibling to the Kuntosh. I actually have more fun throwing it than the Kuntosh, not sure why, but if I were to only get one of these? The Kuntosh, if it were in my budget. It is an amazing throw, incredibly stable, and wow, such a powerhouse. I have to keep reminding myself it’s not even a bimetal. This is one you that is definitely NOT just hype. I also have the Silouette and Downbeat. The Sillouette reminds me a TON of the Top Deck, and I’d recommend the Top Deck over the Sillouette, so I can’t recommend the Sillouette over the others in your list. I can, however, recommend the atop Deck if you don’t have one yet. It’s such an amazing, solid, stable throw, I call it The Wife. My wife even refers to it as The Wife. LoL The Downbeat, what can I say? I love it, have had tons of fun with it, but I do find my arm wearing out much more quickly than with almost any of my other throws, except the select few that are in the same weight range. I love it because of the heft in it, and when my arm starts wearing, I hate that I can’t throw it longer. I don’t know what is in your current collection, knowing that might be helpful in making the best recommendation possible. It’s always exciting to get a new throw. Enjoy, whatever you decide! :mask:
P.S.
Please be sure to share which one you went with, and also your thoughts about it after having played with it.

4 Likes

The OG Downbeat is absolutely a workout :joy:. When I first started throwing it, my middle finger knuckle would crack every throw :rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes

Depends what you’re going for.
If you’re just looking for a really good yo-yo to learn tricks and use a long time, get a Legendary Terrarian or Kuntosh 5000QV.
If you’re looking for something more niche then you may like the 20/20 or Fat Tire.

I have a Silhouette, Marquis, Legendary Terrarian, T1, Gradient, and Kuntosh 5000QV.

I do think the Legendary Terrarian is one of the best throws they’ve ever made - but I look forward to being proved wrong…I’m probably going to pick up a Sugar Glider and intro soon.

I will say, that at least for me, the Silhoutte is a bit smaller and has a bit of a small gap width, so it can make it a little harder to play with if you’re used to larger throws, but I’ve been working on accuracy lately with the Marquis and Silhouette and it’s become less of an issue for me.

1 Like

Im stuck between the fat tire and kuntosh 5000qv now. The reason I’m Considering the fat tire is because I have a 2sickyoyos serenity which is great and is super stable, so I’m considering more of a fun and chill throw, where as (from how it appears to me) the kuntosh seems to be more on the competitive side. I think the fat tire looks fun to mess around with and it looks like it might help me smooth out my play with that narrow catch zone. But the kuntosh also looks so great and I’ve heard nothing but praise for it.

Decisions are hard lol

1 Like

You should just get an og Kuntosh for cheap on the bst. Then you will get a taste of both the fat tire and the 5000qv!

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea, I’ll be looking out for one, though I still am trying to figure out exactly what I want haha. I’m honestly just excited that no matter what I purchase, I’ll finally get to throw a one drop, I’ve always seen hype around them and I can’t wait to see why firsthand.

1 Like

For my Personal tastes: OG Kuntosh > 5000qv > Fat Tire.

3 Likes

I have never tried either, but what do you like about the OG kuntosh over the kuntosh 5000qv? I don’t really know much about either of them

I wrote about it here: Kuntosh5000qv

The original is more chill, and I just seem to pick it up more. I also like the IGR.

I’ll try the Fat Tire again, but so far I just don’t like it much at all. I admit I need to spend more time with it, but…

I definitely do like the 5000qv, a lot. I just tend to play with the OG version more.

3 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it. I just read through that linked post and am now interested in the OG as well. I’m still having a hard time picking out my yoyo as I only have one currently and am fighting the urge to just blow a bunch of money and buy a few at once.

1 Like

If the shape of the Fat Tire calls out to you, then definitely go with that. Ultimately, you really can’t go wrong with any One Drop throw. They are all exceptional yoyos.

4 Likes

I am super curious about the fat tire, I think it just looks like a lot of fun to throw. I just got back into yoyoing after 3 years and my first purchase back was the serenity I mentioned above, it’s currently all I have so it’s hard for me to tell if I’d like a totally different shape like the fat tire has. I’m really excited to try a one drop for sure

1 Like

Agree 100% with this. They’re all going to be excellent in their own way. Just gotta decide which one is most likely to fit you. I faced a similar dilemma when I went to buy my first OD a couple months ago and the good folks on this forum gave me all sorts of great advice. But one or more of them said I would be happy with any of the options I was considering. I’ve so far picked up two of them (Kuntosh 5kQV and Sugar Glider) and even though they are very different throws, I love them both. Just go with what strikes you the most.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like your mind is made up :wink:

2 Likes

This just sold me on it.
I’m gonna order it tonight and ill update with how I like it! thanks for all the help guys

3 Likes