Kuntosh5000qv

I have been wanting a kuntosh for a while now. Is the 5000qv that much better? Would it be worth trying to get someone to sell me a 5000qv rather than just buying a normal one off yye? Thanks for your input in advance.

1 Like

They are both great!

Performance wise, the 5000qv is better, but enjoyment wise, it’s personal preference.

I tend to play the original one more. It’s a bit more chill, but I’m always amazed by the 5000qv when I pick it up.

I also like and use the IGR that the OG has; though you can do thumb grinds on the 5000qv, using the big flat lip.

I’d say the 5000qv is slightly more capable at Fingerspins. You can do them on either, but neither is exceptional for them.

The blast finish on the 5000qv is superb! The Pyramatte on the OG grinds nice too.

Many people only desire keeping one or the other. I think they are different enough to have both, and I used bearing and SE choices to make them play even more distinctly. I put brass domes and kept the flat bearing in the OG, and I put a Konkave and put aluminum spikes in the 5000qv.

From what I wrote, it really does seem that the 5000qv is a lot better. There’s just something about the way the OG plays though, that is so enjoyable.

Get what you can get now, and get the other later!

9 Likes

Fantastic input. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes Myk Myk said it correctly. Personally I prefer the OG over the 5kQV but they’re so much alike? It’s just a preference thing.

1 Like