1 Like

YYE Type-10 Cotton on Fridays

4 Likes

Donā€™t does break easily?

Not the bank, being natural and having a minimal carbon foot print is priceless

3 Likes

I like several strings, each one fits for a specific moment. Hahaha

2 Likes

Well generally I use monkey fingers Vines fat. They are the best combination between softness and durability and they hold tension pretty well ( and are easily available in Europe) yoyo string lab type X are the best I have ever tried but is harder to get them in Europe.

3 Likes

Bad Wolfe Co. The Plussh blend is what pulled me in but I mainly use the Sliccs (pure nylon) now.

5 Likes

Bad Wolfe Co for me as well. Iā€™m surprised this has only been mentioned once so far. Their nylon sliccs are top tier. I used to alternate between them and Airetic. Now that Airetic is gone, Iā€™m all-in for Bad Wolfe Co.

6 Likes

Been strongly loving Bad Wolf Co Strings the Sliccs is just perfect for me

3 Likes

My favorite is Stringlabs Type-X Fat but itā€™s pretty expensive so I normally use kitty or cage free

3 Likes

Zipline 100% for me little pricier but their quality is on another planet imho I honestly dont see myself buying anything else for the foreseeable future

2 Likes

Been using the c3 string since it released, incredible for keeping tension, with a medium slack-whip speed for slower swoopy string play

1 Like

I used to use bulk - C3, Twisted, Vines and Sochi were all excellent. They have different characteristics, but had similar performance and lifespan (measured in hours for me).

I now use Markmont Cumulus Foam and itā€™s great. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s better than the first 30 minutes of a bulk stringā€™s life. But, the performance is comparable and the feel is different. They seemingly last forever as I use them for a week and then run them through the laundry.

5 Likes

What!? :frowning:

Best yoyo string is impossible to define imo. Different yoyos work better with different strings. I currently use a variety of strings depending on the yoyo type, gap width, or desired feel.

My ā€˜averageā€™ string is a standard non-poly or hybrid Zipline or Markmont. If the gap is a bit thicker I go with Zipline Skylines or Airetics. For fixies it is type 6 YYE cotton (my experience with Ziplines Kot-n or whatever itā€™s called is lacking). Havenā€™t found the magic string for 2A just yet, but im searching. And sometimes ill just string up a beater with bulk string. I always seem to forget about my Yoyo Stringlabs strings, but they are a bit nicer than bulk, but not quite as long lasting as the ā€œboutiquesā€.

I have yet to try Bad Wolfe Co strings, but the hype is there, and seems to be real.

4 Likes

I like Sochi , original throw, and twisted strings I would say twisted is my current favorite with original throw just behind. I have tried bad Wolfe but the nylon/poly blends gave me pretty bad string burn. I donā€™t really care for full on nylon, too springy for me and is not great for binds .

1 Like