Best yoyo string

I used to really, really dislike full nylon. It still isn’t my favorite, but I’ve found that if you stretch it like you’re mad at it before using it, it becomes a little more enjoyable (less springy)

3 Likes

I make my own. (Only a few. Selling only a few) IF I’m lazy, I’ll grab a plutonium. I do want to try @BadWolfeCo strings but haven’t gotten around to trying them.

1 Like

I’m a little bit biased lol. I make mine to be what I like, so of course I like them best. But as for other brands, Airetic are fantastic pure nylon strings, sucks to see them closing. Twisted Strings are great for a bulk string, as are Vines. I’m also a fan of Zipline’s smoothie line. I honestly haven’t tried a lot of other strings, because I don’t ever want to seem like I’m copying anyone else’s.

@Chriscatastrophe sorry to hear it gave you string burn, feel free to DM me if you want a refund or replacement or anything. I’m surprised you like Sochi and Twisted more, to me they feel rougher and more likely to give me burns but I guess that’s why they say “to each their own.” Glad you’ve got something that works for you.

4 Likes

Wow! 10/10 service. I’ve only tried 4 yy string lab strings, kitty reg, kitty 1.5 nylon, zeekio, top yo string, magic yoyo, and those free yyf strings. Oh and mine.

3 Likes

I used to really love Lifeline Strings. When Cody shut down his shop, he helped me out a ton while I was learning. I owe that man a lot, he actually gave me my first yoyo and got me into the hobby. RIP Lifeline Strings.

4 Likes

Nothing but pure Cat gut or Barn sisal

I got a few Lifeline strings in a BST trade and they are some killer strings. Wish I could get more.

1 Like

The quality was undoubtedly great so no complaints there . No refund necessary . I think it was just a unique preference thing. I appreciate your customer service I hope it didn’t sound like I was trying to be overly critical , just giving my honest experience .

3 Likes

Zipline - They restock the first Friday of each month.

String Lab - Good string that is usually in stock here at the Yoyo Expert store. The sampler pack is a good place to start.

3 Likes

Oh yeah no worries, didn’t seem overly critical or anything at all. Just wanted to make sure you weren’t unhappy with it, and I totally understand different preferences. All good! :+1:

3 Likes

YYSL Plutonium for 1a, currently Kitty Normal for 2a.

3 Likes

theres so much string to try! I just got a bunch of new stuff and the sochi nylon T string is really good! not too bouncy hopefully it holds up longer than poly. also just got all of the markmont string to try as well.

does the perfect string exist?!?

1 Like

Yes, and it permeates in the players’ hands, hidden in plain sight, with different names and shapes :wink:

1 Like