Best video game ever?

As an aside, worst thing Bethesda ever did was to start scaling creatures/NPCs relative to the player - Oblivion that means you! Shoddy. First and only Oblivion/Skyrim mods I applied were those that remove all such leveling. Bringing RPGs to the masses and making them dull all at the same time.

Bloons Tower defense 4. You think im kidding? I could play that game allll day. Oh and also zuma. Awesome. Oh yeah and then there’s super smadh bros melee… And paper mario thousand year door…

Half Life.

Pre Half Life: Asteroids.

FF VII

The last of us.
Minecraft
NFS Most Wanted
Ratchet and Clank
Marathon (game bungie made before halo)

Super Metroid. A game with very few words or directions, but so much to say.

Hard to say best because each was a different part of my life.

Young kid- Mike Tyson punch out
Early teen- Starcraft/diablo ii
Teen- guitar hero
Mid teen- cod 4

If it wasn’t for the early stages, competing in the last two games would of never came. Gotta put Pokemon gold in there somewhere!

1 Like

I don’t even like the game anymore but Minecraft. I’ve played a ton of greats but minecraft is just almost more than a game. It transcends into an artists pallet in the right hands, or it is just a game, it formed many thriving communities and taught me all about networking when I set up my WAN tekkit server.

Minecraft I think drove alot of kids to poke around and explore there computers and will produce tons of feature Call cen- I mean Computer Science Majors.

So Minecraft it is the a game that opens up your imagination instead of just experiencing somebody else’s vision I will be picking up the game when that epic looking Doctor Who mod is done.

Also cinematic games are great but I don’t think the Arkham games which are already becoming stale, will survive as well as Minecraft

For me it will likely be Dota 2 for a long time.

One of my all time favorites is Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 for you Americans) for the PS2.

The difficulty curve of Skyrim is just bad in genereal. If you do a few sidequests, the rest of the game can quickly become a walk in the park.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time or FF7 usually top the surveys and charts. I really wish I had played them when I was younger but I never did.

Personally, I think that “Super Mario Bros (#?): Yoshis Island” for the SNES is still the best I’ve every played.

Others that shaped my childhood:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Final Fantasy X (although granted, the storyline more than the gameplay)
Pokemon Red
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Metal Gear Solid

Sigh I miss playing video games. So many great looking new titles, so little time…

Fight Night Franchise. 8)

I’m really enjoying the new assassins creed game :slight_smile: but I miss the megaman franchise.

The thing I find really cool about Ocarina of Time is that the game is so full of glitches that people have managed to get through the game in less than 20 minutes.

I say grand theft auto. Mostly san Andreas, and number 5.
San Andreas because the story mode is extremely fun, and I’ve been playing for like 2 months and still, im 27% done with it.
And I say GTA V because I think it truly is one of the best games. It brings the gun to gun action the call of duty brings, and the racing and sports cars that racing games bring, and there is also a huge map. And i give the designers props for that, like i feel like it would so hard to do that, and it has underwater that call of duty is so freaking excited about. And in the end you can do whatever you want, you dont have to follow the objective, you can just do whatever you want if you now what i mean.

I have been a Diablo player since v1 ! ;D

For me, it wold have to be either Half-Life 1 or 2. Zelda Skyward Sword is also pretty high up there.

Eve, hands dow. Its not because the game itself is so great, its because of the people.

For the people who have never hesrd of it, its a space mmo. Think star wars, firefly, or titan ae. Theres only two rules:

1: no hacking.
2: no breaking offline laws.

One server, two simple rules. Let the games begin. Oh, and watch your back. Keep your corp buddies at arms length. Trust them the least.

Pac man

1 Like

Pac man

1 Like