Best video game ever?

This sounds interesting. How does it work?

EDIT Looked it up. $100 for a 1 year pass. I want to, but I can’t at $100.

Portal

EVE is, for a lot of gamers, just a World to watch. The game is insanely deep and offers a lot of freedom to the player. This makes it interesting enough to just watch events unfold in a virtual world where human alliances rule entire star-systems. Earlier this year, there was a huge battle lasting for 5 hours (Eve Online's biggest ever battle was the game's 'Battle of the Alamo' | The Independent | The Independent).

The game does have a pretty solid playerbase for a subscription-based MMO (about 500,000 subsribers), which is more than many games can hope to get with WoW taking up such a big part of the market shares (which is still insane even though it’s dropping).

The game is super deep and interesting, but is also notoriously known to have an unreal learning curve and some pretty tedious elements to it. Personally I shy away from games with a subscription fee solely because the amount of free time I can spend on gaming can vary greatly from week to week, mostly because I’m usually involved in at least three musical projects at any given time.

1 Like

The original Mario Bros…
You just can’t beat a classic. :wink:

I love max payne 2. I don’t know why, I just love it.

fro me personally its monster hunter tri. Technically speaking its not the best game, but I absolutely loved it and by it has the most hours put into it of any game I have played

Well best video go ever…too many to name but just a few here are
Battlefield 4 (on PC,PS4,and XBOX ONE)
Super smash bros brawl
Any of the call of duty series
And GTA 5

Wait!!! People are forgetting World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Minecraft, and TF2

I have loved the Prince of Persia series since I was a kid. My favorite is Sands of Time. It’s easily my favorite and most played game of all time.

I cannot wait for the new one for the wii u!

1 Like

Yes but sadly I will not be picking up a wii u. ._.

Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros.?

Pretty much this. Mining for minerals ia boring as hell (bring a thick book), but is guaranteed income. Piracy is risky, but one battleship and you’re good for a month.

To give an idea of the complexity, i moved from mining to manufacturing tiny mining frigates. Sold em for 500k a pop, which is… like… ten cents. People bought em to mine, but also to fill out attack fleets, as they make surprisingly good “infantry.”

Well… i saturated the market, and itd take too long and too much to move the manufacturing op. And then the new place needs to have the right minerals, a good market, a good factory site… so screw that, im staying here.

But the local markets still saturated. What’s a self-respecting capsuleer to do? Easy. Hire a mercenary corp to blow up any mining frigate in the local constellation. Quietly, of course. And now to deal with those people taking up those valuable research spots… and then comes time to expand the mining and manufacturing op. Thatll require haulers…

Dark Souls.
Can’t wait to play the 2nd.

The one I had the most fun in was the Jak and Dexter series. Especially 3. As for best, Portal 2 would be my choice. The story and humor in that game is amazing. And who else wouldn’t want to walk through portals?

And DrAwesome, where are you in this thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 or 2?

I loved 2. Never played 1.

1. I (along with nerdcubed) believe that it is the only perfect game. 2 was also brilliant

I have spent a lot of time in dota 2. It’s a really fun game. The batmans are great as well. So is dishonoured. I am yet to play crysis though. It seems brilliant.

I kinda like the new Batman games, but one thing that irks me is how much the combat really does for you. So after turning up the difficulty to get rid of the pesky counter markers, what happens is that Batman does a backflip over a guy attacking him straight into knocking out two other people in one smooth motion. If Batman is going to do something sick, I want to very specifically command him to do that move so that I can actually feel proud of executing something cool. The combat seems to be on autopilot even in the higher difficulties, which just bugs me.

But oh well, both reviewers and players seem to enjoy the simplicity of the combat. I guess I’m more of a God of War/Bayonneta/Devil May Cry person. That said, I would prefer to play the modern Batman games without any of the big brawls.

^exactlty my thoughts on the combat. I would feel vastly more accomplished if I were in more control. If they just change up the controls for it. Right now it’s kind of a button masher. Although they should definitely keep the animation for it. They did a brilliant job with that.

I think dishonored was great, just too short.