Best Undersized throw? HELP IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Well my birthday is today and my dad said he would get me a knew throw what I want is fast playing,undersized (like 49-53.9) smooth grinds long spin time, stable, an pod horizontal because I want to learn(:
Right now I’m looking at Puffin Messiah,Gnarwhal, Y-Factor and Wooly Marmot
Ps The horizontal isn’t that important
PSs It’s my birthday so if you know like wanna send me a gift I wouldn’t mind…

Spyy spyder 2. Best undersize I have ever thrown.

1 Like

One Drop Dietz. Most stable undersized I’ve thrown.

On a similar quest. Had sort of narrowed it down to Cafe Racer, Y-Factor, Campfire (BST), Dietz, Markmont Next… Ruled out the Gnarwhal at 53.x mm even though it IS a small and nimble yoyo (not QUITE small enough for my own needs).

M.Dev1…You just HAD to mention an awesome-looking yoyo that I didn’t realize was undersized. Hadn’t ever looked into the Spyders… now I’m even more torn than before!

Be curious (and maybe it would help the OP, too!) how the Spyder II compares to the Cafe Racer or Y-Factor. I know you said “best”, but is it just more fun? More stable? Easier to land?

YYR Stargazer (assuming that budget isn’t an issue here since you listed the Messiah in your shortlist).

Yuki

Happy Birthday dude!

Dietz, I’d say, although I am really, really liking the Cafe Racer for less money too. It’s a blast.

I wouldn’t personally consider a Puffin to be undersized so I wouldn’t say it’s the best undersize, but if it’s on your list then I’d probably go with that. I’m loving the Puffin.

YYJ Karma

G funk! :smiley:

I just started yoyoing about 3 weeks ago and since then I have been on this site everyday trying to find the exact same smaller yoyo just like you are looking for. One day i’ll think i should get one thing and the next i think i should get another and it will be never ending if you let it. Just from what i have read, a ton of reviews, and I mean a ton, I have narrowed mine down to a few that you might wanna look in to. When you read this, don’t think “what does this guy know, he just started yoyoing” b/c that may be true, however i have been on this computer for almost a month almost all day everyday researching what would be the best in that class b/c I am buying one and it will have to last me for a while, as my main player that I will havfe to learn everything on, so I want it to be legit. I have come to like these in no particular order:
1.General yo-mini star,5 star, hat trick,entheos,
2.ILYY-E1NZ,wasabi,
3.CLYW-Wooly Marmot, Gnarwhal,campfire
4.one drop-y-factor,m1,dietz,project,cafe racer,dingo,basically all of them except cascade? I can’t remember it’s size off the top of my head, but i think one drop basically started in the specializing in smaller undersized yoyos. I’ve read that from several reliable sources. One drop manufactures all of CLYW’s yoyo’s so it’s all about the design on which one of the 2 brands you would rather have b/c they should have just about the same fit and finish, i dont know if they have the same anodizers,probably not, but i’ll be quite honest, no matter what review i’m reading or watching or who it is that’s giving me their opinion, one drop is always one of their picks, i’ve never heard anyone say anything bad about them and most ppl that ive asked about opinions said one drop was their favorite.
5.VsNYY-Battousai
6.-I really want a players yoyo, with so many companies making yoyos and pumping em out so fast, it makes you wonder if these $130 yoyos are being made as collectors yoyos with cool paint splashed all over it. I would just like to see more brands put out some yoyos that were strictly based on the technical part of it instead of all this seeming like everyone just wants to get the one with the brightest contrasting paint on it. That said, Dif-E-Yo seems like a solid company and I would love to own all of their yoyos including the older ones. They are definately players models waiting to get thrown without having to worry if you’re going to knock a huge chunk out of the anno. They’re all smaller in diameter at around 52mm and 53mm.
Theres a few smaller yoyos, diameter wise, yet extremely wide that I would love to have and that i think would be so much fun. The X3 steamroller looks soooo awesome with a diameter of 49mm and a width of just around the same and the yoyorecreation clashcube sporting the same squarish body, with a diameter and a width of 44mm. How crazy is that? They were priced at $150 so even if they weren’t sold out everywhere, i still wouldnt be able to get one. The steamroller isn’t too affordable itself. Oh well, one can wish. Hope this helps you bro, and I’ll let you know, and this is coming from a 30 yr old man, i’m not sure how old you are turning today, but if you are just a kid, please realize that life goes by so fast, so so so fast and just live it up and have fun, however that might be. I swear, it seems like I was in high school last year. I can’t believe I’ve already been graduaded almost 12 years. WOW, anyway i’m going to old, fat head on a pillow and snore the next 15 hours away. Happy Birthday! Adam

I HIGHLY recccomend the Spin Dynamics Smooth Move or Monkey Fist. (I prefer the Smooth Move, but that’s just my preference).

The Soda Blasted nickel is probably the best finish or anything I have seen on a yoyo. You have to see it in person to really get it. Not only do they look great, but they play FANTASTIC. The grind FOREVER. So stable and so smooth. Here’s some more eye candy.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304455_370823403007698_1180209841_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/384278_370823276341044_1577310033_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487228_370822043007834_1904099019_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/544696_370821929674512_2087063149_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/546842_370821359674569_717241684_n.jpg
I could do this all day. ^^^^

The Messiah is probably one of the best in the category. Not mentioned here before, the Angle from sOMEThING is supposed to be really good aswell.

Would not go for something as small as the Cafe Racer or Campfire. For me they’re more of the novelty kind-yoyos.

If you like v-shaped profiles, you should consider the SPYY Supra, also.

The puffin is chill, super feathery, spins a while too

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday! Get yourself a wooly marmot, wooly markmont, or markmont next.

Ok it seems like we’re all torn on which one to tell him. Hence everyone saying something different.

I think you should find a shape and weight that you like. Do you like lighter or heavier? Then you want to look at the shape type. Do you like really rounded yoyos, v shape, or h shape? After that take a look at the yoyos in this list and narrow it down. Then you may want to look a t reviews to get a better idea of how each one plays and then narrow it down some more.

Here’s the list:

• one drop: DEITZ, y factor, markmont
    Next, cafe racer

• spin dynamics- smooth move, monkey fist

• spyy: spyder 2, supra

• CLYW: gnarwhal, campfire, wooly marmot

Forgive me if I’m missing some

The Gnarwhal is a good one.
The Ministar is the best undersized yoyo I’ve used, ever.

[quote=“Eastfield,post:12,topic:47704”]
The Cafe Racer has a diameter of 50.39 mm. That’s pretty normal for an undersized yoyo. Even slightly larger than the Messiah you recommended. I agree that the Campfire is a little small for a regular throw.

I didn’t realize the Spin Dynamics throws were ~50mm. I’ve missed out on a lot of throws in this size category it seems!