Best pocket yoyos

I’m sure some of the newer throws like the masamini might be a stronger choice, but the m1 is still a great pocket throw. love mine.

The St. Eel, ministar, Masamini and M1 would be hard to pick from. All very pocket friendly and play great.

@colbywill - that’s a nice early run M1. One drop switched to a round nut instead of the hex one fairly early if I recall correctly.

I like my ol’ trusty proyo ace.

Be on the lookout for something wonderfully Ace-ish coming down the pike! :wink: 8)
I’ve had that and my Masamini (which is a VERY awesome yoyo) in my pocket the past few days.
Can’t go wrong with a Flying V or Walter imo either!

2 Likes

I’m highly looking forward to this ;D

Thanks! Got it right when the first batch of “razzles” were released. Gotten a lot of use.

I psoted these in the “What Are You Throwing Today Thread”, but it seems like it belongs here. Mods are fun too…!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/IMG_20160526_144341.jpg

That’s 4 o-rings.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/IMG_20160526_144531.jpg

I have some other modded minis, I’ll try to get on here.

1 Like

I like a narrow full size throw for a pocket yoyo.
My first choice for a pocket yoyo is YYF G5, its quite thin, so will fit nicely in my jeans pocket.

Another fun one that was “almost a flea” (at 35mm) was the Aoda Littles. I’m not even sure where I can buy one anymore but when I did get it, it was probably the best $12 spent. Was a fun little throw and actually quite wide for its size. It even had sharp enough spikes for pull starts. Wish I knew where I placed it however.

I just saw the Tarasqus. Anybody tried that?

BTW, for the micros (not the flea, I don’t have one), Angel Hair string really seems to work well. I’m using it in the Little Evil 2, and it really makes a difference. I’ve got more than I’ll use in a lifetime. If anybody is interested just PM me.

^I was going to buy one but held off. There’s not a lot of information about it, had even posted a thread about it that went unread. Not sure if it would have suffered what many other minis I’ve experienced suffer from.

So for what it’s worth, “pocket yoyos/minis” that I own are: Aoda Littles (Not sure where it went, lost it somewhere hopefully in the house), C3 Token, Popstar, Little Evil 2, Masamini, Duncan keychain Imperial (yes this counts), and a strange one called the Micro Bullet by Papa’s toys, complete with the trademarked “yoyo” name on it.

Ive got a kendama in my back pocket right now, and barely know its there. Im so thankful for my new JNCOs. That being said, i adore my Ascender yoyo holder for when im not rocking the floppage.

I would like to try a masumini one day but i doubt ill ever buy one. /shrug I guess i feel that way about alot of throws.

Has the OP picked one yet? if so what did you choose?

1 Like

To anyone interested in a pocket throw, I’d wait for this ^^^.