Best Pocket Sized YoYo?

Any suggestions on best pocket sized throw? Not miniature but looking for something pocket friendly around 50mm? Starting back up and in the back of my head I’m thinking something comparable to a One Drop M1.

Plastic or metal no preference and no real price limit.

Suggestions?

4 Likes

The General Yo Mini Star 2 is pretty darn good in that size range.

7 Likes

+1 for the General Yo Ministar. Absolutely mops the floor with anything else in its class.

5 Likes

CLYW Ditch is the best one I’ve found for something that’s actually comfortable in a pocket. Anything with 35mm+ width feels like a little too much in a pocket for me.

5 Likes

Here are some of my favorite pocket sized yo-yos that I personally love to use !!!

Dressel Designs kanto- this Yoyo is probably my favorite slimline throw at the moment, the performance speaks for itself it’s sooooo good and it makes an excellent pocket friendly daily companion !!! @hobbygod mentioned that there will be another run soon so keep your eyes peeled on that Yoyo !!!

Yoyofriends baryon- I absolutely love this Yoyo !!! It has insane performance as you would expect from yoyofriends but in a smaller and compact throw. although this Yoyo isn’t as narrow as the kanto it has a very nice undersized feel to it and it’s a great pocket throw. According to yoyofriends this Yoyo is a one-off type of throw so they might not make another run anytime soon so if you can find one here on the bst I would definitely snag one !!!

Recess snack- this Yoyo definitely feels like a pocket throw !!! It feels quite smaller than the other two yo-yos I mentioned but at the same time it plays like a full sized Yoyo. The weight feels quite heavier so it feels like a normal Yoyo. but the snack is definitely pocketable !!!

Honorable mention also goes out to the mk1/spiral sliver. Although I never tried one before it’s definitely in the slimline category and is hardly notable in the pocket due to its size !!!

You can also check out my thread here on the forum titled “what’s your all time favorite pocket sized Yoyo” for more recommendations :wink:

10 Likes

Mini star 2 is a top notch yoyo, i also find i carry around my 138 a whole heck of alot

5 Likes

Just gonna join the mini star crowd.

3 Likes

CLYW Ditch
YoyoFactory Lowerkase
FairTrade 138

4 Likes

Recess snack is a good one

2 Likes

From my own experience:

Lathed Back Lagrange with rims… carry them in the pocket separately, pull out, slap the rims on play full sized. Or play it like a mini decently. Bit on the expensive side though.

the YYF Lowerkase is also good but often tricky to find.

Recess Snack is excellent for this.

Magicyoyo T9 is slightly over with 51.5mm but still nice and smöll.

3 Likes

I’m agree with ministar by GeneralYo and 138 by FTY are fantastic undersized throws. Both have plenty of power and speed. They feel solid and controlable on the string.

3 Likes

Mini Star 2 is the only pocket yoyo you will ever need, trust me. I have a huge collection of pocket and mini yoyos and nothing even comes close to matching the Mini Star 2 in its mix of performance and pocketability.

1 Like

+1 for the CLYW Ditch and Recess Snack

1 Like

What yoyo doesn’t fit in a pocket?

5 Likes

Pockeht

8 Likes

Thinking I may go with the recess snack, the Ministar 2 looks incredible but the price a bit to steep for what I was hoping for, think the snack fits both budget and super pocket friendly.

4 Likes

Zipline & Paul Harness IST.

2 Likes

If you can fit an Aquarius in you pocket, then your pants are to big.

3 Likes

My Zerogravity El Mijo is comfortable in the pocket.

3 Likes

Fair Trade yo-yos-138 is a great modern throw in the wheel house if the M1.
If you are set on M1… The M1 w has been coming up in collection sell offs for good prices in great conditions $75 - $100.
These are some examples from my collection side by side.

The orange M1 is was my 1st aluminum and is now my EDC beater that I have had to resurface the rims because, I have attempt many 1st time trick attempts over the years with this throw. I started to learn with this throw so it took some serious damage. It is a life saver for me for many reasons.
Be aware there are some M1 collectors out looking for a specific color way, I think by GruntBull Anodizing a Like a brown & white creamy looking coffee swirl.

6 Likes