Not counting prototypes, the five canonical Banshees–as far as I know–are:

• OG Banshee
  • Banshee '18 (AL6)
  • Banshee '18 (AL7)
  • Banshee SS
  • Ti Banshee
6 Likes

I think those are all of the banshees.

As to which is best, I dont know, ive never tried a g2 but i have been hearing very great reviews and talk of the ss

4 Likes

I think the ones I like the feel of best are the OG and the Ti.

4 Likes

Im not a big fan of Vs to begin with, but my TiShee feels Suuuuper slippy on the bind. Tried cleaning the string and pads with rubbing alcohol and it got better for a day but is now back being slippy again. Its the only banshee ive thrown, but im not bonding very well with it, and ill likely be selling mine sooner than late.r

2 Likes

Off topic…but have you guys seen the new green SS coming out?
/sigh…I need to plant more money trees!

5 Likes

I noticed a difference between two TiShees in terms of their bind grippiness. Jake offered that it comes down to variance in pad silicone. Some batches of pads are softer and some are harder. I suspect that flowing fresh silicone would make a huge difference.

4 Likes

Ya, im finding the opposite. My tishee is super tight. It Uber quiet too, so i think the bearing is too lubed for my taste

3 Likes

I’d love to try out an OG Banshee someday. The only Banshee I’ve played so far is my '18 AL7 and it continues to blow my mind just about every time I pick the damn thing up. I have some dang nice yos in my collection…yet nothing touches the AL7. It’s not the funnest throw I own to play, but it feels miles ahead as far as pure performance. Even my Endgame doesn’t come close in my mind.

But over and over I’ve heard people say they prefer the OG…so I can’t even begin to imagine!

2 Likes

Also, does anyone own both a '18 AL7 and an SS? Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I would imagine it was to do more with string than anything, but Ive got some monkey snot left. I may do my own sili job. I prefer that in most of my other throws in general, so Ill try that before unloading it.

2 Likes

They are probably the two that are least similar in terms of feel

2 Likes

I own all but the OG Banshee (really gotta change that) and I like the TiShee the best. The weight distribution is different and it feels a bit more solid to me. At some point, I should string them all up and do a side-by-side but too brain dead atm lol.

6 Likes

personally i think the BanSShee plays the best amongst the lot

4 Likes

I own them all except for the OG as well. It’s a tough call for me between the tishee and the ss. If I had to give one up I’m not sure what I’d do. Al7 is third for me. It’s a great one also, it plays lighter than either the tishee or the ss. I can easily see somebody choosing the Al7 over the others just depending on what they are looking for. They all play different enough that it’s easy for me to justify having all of them.

One of these day I’ll manage to snag an OG.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t be slippy. I’d replace the pads. Send an email if you had ordered it from me.

2 Likes

I actually felt the same thing with the TiShee - I wouldn’t call it slippy but it’s definitely less responsive than my other Banshees. I have to be much more purposeful with my binds and I miss binds at low speeds that would not miss on B18 or AL7 Banshee.

@G2_Jake tagging you so you get the feedback. Maybe I’ll try switching out pads. I honestly just chalked it up to changes in the design in the switch to Ti. But if I’m honest it’s not the perfection I was anticipating. Response and the fact we had to lose the sharpness of the spike kind of dulls the shine on this one for me. On the plus side the copper looks amazing!

AL7 Banshee is my favorite. Has just a bit extra power but still feels zippy.

I’m not a V guy normally either but the Banshee is absolutely one of my favorite throws - I honestly think everyone should have one. I have SS on the way and am very excited to see how that plays in comparison!

So without having tried OG or SS at this point I’d put them in order AL7, B18, TiShee.

6 Likes

well of course it is the “OG” Banshee

3 Likes

Wasn’t there also an OG AL7?

1 Like