Best of the banshees?

Switch the pads and lmk. The other factor is the bearing change for the TiShee vs all other Banshee

2 Likes

I did get it from you. Lemme try a new string, and if that doesnt work, ill take the pads out and monkey snot it. Thats worked great for me in the past.

2 Likes

K, new string did not help, checked, my 'snot in the fridge is still good. Took TiShee apart and found the pads to be very hard. pulling em out now for sili job.

1 Like

I’d say 90% chance it’s the pads. Some I had gotten were “harder” seems like they lose their snap much much faster than the “softer” ones.

3 Likes

Perfect. Wasn’t sure the “hardness” reference was going to make sense.

2 Likes

I wonder if I did not cause it. The 2nd day i found it slippy, but thought it have have been oils on my hands that got on my string that made it slick. So i wiped the string and pads down with 90% iso. Maybe that was a bad move that removed moisture fro the pads taking away their softness? just a thought. Im not upset bro, and thank you for feedback Jake. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had this same problem when I got an AL7 Banshee- had to replace the pads and the bearing just to get it closer to how I like my response (which is kinda lame to have to do on a yoyo that was already $100, but it happens). I just ended up selling that Banshee instead of continuing to fiddle with it.

1 Like

AL7 bombers were a different story. Those had the white pads that we went away from after those. The production pads were different then the protos. I had offered to send replacements to anyone that wanted them. Would agree though. Was lame and I should not have shipped them.

11 Likes

Very humble of you to say this. And like I said, it happens, I’ve gotten other yoyos with dud pads as well.
Edit: I also didn’t see your replies on this topic when I made my post, I was replying to a post near the top

7 Likes

The AL7 B18 just uses standard 19mm pads right? I noticed the same thing with mine and was just gonna take the opportunity to try out the blue Sochi pads.

1 Like

Reached out to Josef he’s on Sochi as well as G2. He’s going to confirm if they fit for me.

3 Likes

He said yes. But pink is better

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming!!!

2 Likes

update- Same string, but swapped bearing out for YYR DS Gold and pulled the sticker response (which was very hard) put in a fresh sili job of monkey snot (about 6 months old batch, a bit thicker, but still flowed, stayed good in the pack in the fridge with cap on) and the difference is huge.

Its so snappy, and tight! low rpm, tiny loops still grab. Its 100% better!! I really like this thing now. Gotta wait till morning to really push it but after 10 hours cure time, its amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Monkey Snot is the best response! My Fire Devil and Sea Monkey have the best binds, even though slightly recessed!

6 Likes

By this you mean “change the pads”, right? RIGHT?

2 Likes

mine always come out slightly recessed, and they are just great. Meant to mention that the TiShee also came out slightly recessed. Monkey Snot is easily my favorite response.

4 Likes

The Monkey Snot response that MonkeyFinger Ray poured on my Fire Devil and Sea Monkey are recessed quite a bit, but bind like fresh flush pads. Never a hint of string grab/rub like you can get on pads that sit proud or flush, but binds are snappy and consistent. I find it super annoying when pads stick out into the gap and am certainly not in the “just break them in” camp.

5 Likes

Pretty much, yeah. I like to throw out the “flow your own” suggestion mostly in an effort to nudge myself into giving it a try.

4 Likes

It’s really not that hard esp if you stick to Monkey Snot and the Permatex windshield stuff they sell here. And it’s a useful skill in your toolbox if you ever have to deal with older G2 throws or anything that doesn’t use standard 19mm pads. G2 Jake, Dylan Kowalski, and MFD Ray all have really good tutorials on YouTube.

Plus peeling out flowable silicone is easy peasy if you wanna go back to pads.

6 Likes