Thoughts on the G2 Banshee SS

So the Banshee SS has been out for a little bit now, I’m wondering if anyone who’s gotten their hands on one can share some thoughts about it?
Can anyone compare it to the OG Banshee Vs. '18 AL7?
Also, have any of you played both the SS and a Grasshopper GTX? Mind giving your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

5 Likes

I would love to know this too ASAP hehe

1 Like

The SS Plays like the AL7 on steroids!

5 Likes

I am looking forward to some of those steroids. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Gnome Gnomes! It’s nice to see ya!!

I just brought out my SF you sold me yesterday :D.
I hope all is well!!

3 Likes

My view of the Banshee family of yoyos is colored by my preference for lighter rather than heavier yoyos. That’s why, if we’re just talking about G2 throws, I prefer the OG Banshee to the Banshee '18 or Banshee AL7, and I prefer the Elite to the Banshee SS. All the Banshees are fantastic yoyos, so it really comes down to minutiae; tiny factors that matter to each individual differently. Do you (yet) know which of these tiny factors mean the most to you, and to what degree? I certainly didn’t when I was getting into all of this last year.

So while I think everyone should have at least one Banshee in their collection at some point, when it comes to bi-metals to start out with, I steer people towards yoyos that have all the usual bi-metal benefits (spin time and stability) while also feeling light in play and easy on the wallet. It is in this respect that, IMO, yoyos like the Dominator and Grasshopper GTX beat nearly everything else out there.

6 Likes

It plays really powerful. I recommend it to people who enjoy super powerful yoyos but who don’t want the speed of a Hummingbird or a Draupnir but still want that bi metal feel of the 2.

8 Likes

My favorite bi-metals at this time are the 2sick end game, reticulated death adder v2, banshee ss, bimetal shutter and the exit 8. The end game is my favorite, but the rest of these are all right there.

I prefer the SS to all the other banshees, except the tishee. The tishee and SS are a dead heat to me, I’m just as happy playing one or the other. I’ve gone back and forth between the two alot trying to pick a clear favorite, but I can’t.

6 Likes

I found out today after getting to try a lot of yoyos from others at the contest, that I like a heavy yoyo. :slight_smile: (well at the moment, I guess preferences will change over time).

So your explanation actually works perfectly for me in my favour :grin:

1 Like

Awesome, I got to try a Tishee today and really liked it.

Even got to spark it. :grin:

3 Likes

Lmao, someone actually let you spark one of their titaniums?
That’s crazy, scary and amazing all at the same time!!

3 Likes

Get a Bimetal Shutter :eyes:

3 Likes

I’m holding out till they come out with a green butter :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I got to try a silver butter yesterday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you don’t say it’s the best then we’ve got beef.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s not the best.
But I will say that it wasn’t the best for me.

It was nice and fast and light in the strings.
I think I prefer something that feels heavy on the string at the moment. Mainly because I’m still learning and it helps me to feel the presence of the yoyo more through out a trick.

It felt a little too wide for me, realised that at the moment I like yoyos that I tried that was around 43~44mm width. :slight_smile:

We got beef?

7 Likes

Sigh… no. I accept your difference in taste. I’ll just have to keep putting out my propaganda efforts and convert you in the future.

One of us, one of us and all that.

6 Likes

“Gobble gobble one of us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You absolute madman!

In reality I’m just envious

2 Likes