G2 Banshee vs. G2 Elite vs. OD Kuntosh 5000QV

Just looking for some help deciding which yoyo to buy. Personally I’m leaning toward the Elite.

• G2 Banshee
  • G2 Elite
  • OD Kuntosh 5000QV

0 voters

Really you should have all of these IMO :wink:

6 Likes

This, they all rock.

The Banshee is more powerful than a lot of Bi-metals. And you can get a Glitch for 75 bucks.

2 Likes

The Elite is considerably lighter than the others, and will lend itself to really fast play. It is also very smooth, quiet, and stable. I can’t say enough good things about it.

The Banshee felt heavier on the string than I expected; I was a bit surprised by that, in fact. I would say that I prefer my VTWO to it right now.

I have not tried a Kuntosh, but I do know that wide chunky rims are not really my thing. Maybe they are yours, in which case you should definitely consider it. Also consider whether or not you like flat bearings as all One Drops seem to come with them. If you don’t, you’ll be swapping it out pretty quickly for something else (like I did with my VTWO).

3 Likes

If you don’t own any of these, I would highly recommend you start with either the Banshee or the 5kQV – just choose whichever shape you prefer, they’re both fantastic.

My personal experience with all of these throws is as follows:

Kuntosh 5kQv – I got this yoyo last year and could tell immediately that it is a quality throw. It is well made, moves well on the string, etc. My problem with the throw is the shape (and I didn’t know this at the time). It just did not resonate with me, so in the end, I sold it.

G2 Elite – I’ve tried the OG and the '18 version and I prefer the '18 with brass rings; however, that said, over trial and error I have learned that I much prefer outer ring bi-metals. Like the Kuntosh, I have no issue with the yoyo itself – it plays extremely well, is well balanced, nimble, etc, but it just wasn’t for me.

G2 Banshee – Extremely solid monometal – bonus if you can snag a diamond blasted version. Even Jake recommends that if you get just 1 G2 yoyo, it should probably be a Banshee. The only reason I would advise you not to get one is if you do not like V-shaped yoyos. I only have the OG version, but I’m still on the lookout for an '18, which I hear is much improved.

1 Like

I thought the same thing about the Kuntosh, but one surprisingly ended up in my mailbox one day, and I will admit that it definitely lives up to the hype. I was never attracted to the shape, and never considered owning one. It is extremely comfortable in the hand, just an all around very thoughtfully designed yo-yo. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.

It is literally one of my most played yoyos. Don’t judge a book by its cover, especially not this one

3 Likes

Just for referance I have quite a few bi metals(edge, edge beyond, singularity, Marco, turntable 2.0, boost) and I love all of them but thought I might want a solid monometal (I already have a ND ultra) but I rather have the elite if its amazing.

1 Like

Given my hesitation regarding the shape of the Kuntosh, I’d need to find a colorway I really like in order to be swayed to invest in one. Unfortunately, I don’t like the split-halves colorways which have been the only ones available since I got into yoyoing a couple of months ago.

1 Like

Fair enough. If you ever come accross a colorway you like… GET IT. you won’t regret it.

Well, you might. But I doubt it… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If I had $100 to blow, it’d probably be on a Banshee.

1 Like

The only yoyo I have regretted buying is the nine dragons.

Also one or two of the really small aluminum pocket yo-yos. But mostly the nine dragons :smiley:

I was actually the opposite. I was really digging the look of the Kuntosh when I first saw it then when I got one I wasn’t a huge fan. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic yoyo, but I think I’d rather play with something else when I have a choice.

1 Like

I picked up a 5000QV in Hardcoat last week. I really dig the aesthetics of it. Something about its shape and overall design is very inviting.

But it is taking some getting used to in actual play. It doesn’t feel as easy and effortless as my VTWO, but then again nothing else in my collection does except maybe my G2 Elite. That’s not a knock on the Kuntosh, but rather a testament to how well the VTWO and I get along.

In terms of monometals, I would say that the Kuntosh and the Banshee currently share the honor of being the throw I grab whenever I put down the VTWO.

2 Likes

Nice, I’ve never played a QV. Another thing that blows me away about the Kuntosh, is the way they totally nailed the concept. Everything about this yo-yo reminds me of a Countach (I mean, as much as a yoyo can remind someone of a car, that is). I’m glad you finally got one, and I’m glad you kind of like it!

1 Like

But, with the Nine Dragons you can walk the cat!

1 Like

Agreed…The Kuntosh 5kQV is such a beautiful piece of engineering.

It is hands down my favorite throw. It may not be the “best” throw for a lot of things. Like I don’t know if it would be great for “competition” (not that I have anywhere near enough experience to judge such a thing) and it doesn’t do some things well (like fingerspins) but damn if it isn’t designed and exectued well. It realy does make you think “sports yoyo”, like “sports car”. Also mine is DEAD smooth…11 out of 10.

It just a joy to play with.

3 Likes

OD Kuntosh 5KQV.
I play mine with some heavier side effects and it’s magnificent.
No question in my opinion.

1 Like