Banshee SS bearing?

What bearing does the Banshee SS come with? I recently got one on the BST and it had a concave bearing as opposed to the grooved bearing as I’ve seen on others. Are B grades shipped with concaves instead of grooved?

2 Likes

It comes with heavily lubed center trac bearing, I replaced it with either a Sochi bearing or dif-e-yo bearing(I am not sure since I removed caps) and Sochi pads.

1 Like

It’s probably the Boss Ripper, which is also a G2 bearing along with the grooved Boss Rage. I’ve gotten G2s with that before. It’s not an A-grade/B-grade thing; it might just be what Jake has on hand.

I guess I could have just PMed ya. Was curious. This thing is a beast. I feel unworthy.

2 Likes

I thought the SS came with a Boss Rage, and only the Ti Banshee came with the Ripper. I bought one (an SS) on the BST and it came with a Boss Rage, and I bought it from someone who I am pretty sure doesn’t replace bearings except occasionally a flat.

2 Likes

I saw one up on ebay that had a grooved bearing and the only other G2 I own had a grooved as well. Just like to know about mah yos. I really don’t have a preference, but I do like to think that whatever the manufacturer shipped it out with is the best representation of what they intended for the yoyo. My Terrarian, for instance, will never be without a One Drop bearing.

2 Likes

Yeah, the grooved bearing is the Boss Rage. I prefer the Ripper, I find the groove in the Rage prevents the string from moving freely—it’s subtle, still a nice bearing.

2 Likes

My SS came with a Rage, I’m pretty sure, as did my TiShee, and I got both of them from G2 not the BST. The only one I’ve ever gotten without a Boss Rage bearing was I believe my Marvel. So I think Jake tries to use the Rage since it’s more popular but probably uses the Ripper when he has to.

This is pure speculation on my part but the Rage is much more popular, to the point of Jake having issues keeping it stocked at times. If it’s a question of using the Rages in a run vs keeping enough of them on the site, I could see him choosing to keep the stock for sale on the site and using the Rippers in a run. That way, people who want to order Rage bearings can still get them. That’s just purely speculation on my part though.

3 Likes

First run came with the rage. Concave grooved. Second run came with the ripper because I’ve had people requesting that. Maybe they were the vocal majority but actually in the minority Of that ppl actually prefer?

Do you prefer the rage or ripper?

3 Likes

witch ever one has a grove not the center track one (I just forgot which is which lol)

I really don’t have a preference. The Rage is great on the Life, but I don’t feel like the Banshee SS is lacking anything without one. Might be my new favorite yoyo and just has a standard concave bearing.

1 Like

I have no preference either.

I’m pretty sure you could put a locked up bearing in the BansheeSS and it would still spin forever.

4 Likes