Bearing recommendations

I am looking for some good bearings. With that I mean durable, completely smooth(no vibe) and spintimes, and centering. I’ve seen some YYR economy and YYR NSK gold bearings. Are they worth the money? Thanks!

Bearings have vibe now? Oh dear :roll_eyes: To answer your question, a lot of people consider Diff-e-yo Konkave bearings and YYR DS bearings to be of higher quality. Sochi bearings have have been considered consistent, quality bearings.

7 Likes

Yeah. I’ve got a bearing that is loose(not the inner diameter, the bearing itself). With that I mean that when I put it on a yoyo it will cause some additional vibe since the bearing does not have a “perfect” circular movement. Thanks for the answer anyways

How much centering do you prefer? Very slight centering (CenterTrac) or dead centering (grooved concave)? Or something in between?

1 Like

I have not tried anything rather that center trac, so I don’t mind at all if it is centering. I just want something that will be durable and wont cause any additional vibe to my yoyos(aka quality)

I have had tremendous success with Boss Rage bearings (obtainable from G-squared, when they are in stock).

2 Likes

Airetic has 10 ball grooved concaves for a very low price on their website. Might be worth a shot!

3 Likes

Yes, those have a very attractive price tag. However, it bears mentioning that one tremendous benefit to Boss Rage bearings, at least in my view, is that they do not have bearing shields (or rather, they are unshielded on one side and only sorta shielded on the other). This is something one comes to appreciate greatly when the time comes to clean and lube them.

2 Likes

Its not hard to take shields off. I usually just press down on the shield with a thumb tac and the c clip will pop off.

2 Likes

I find it nearly impossible to take off bearing shields. Apparently I don’t know the secret to getting the dang c clip off. “Pressing down on it” requires first getting something small and pointy (and rigid) enough to get good purchase on it, and I don’t have a tool like that (and no, a safety pin is just not adequate in my experience).

3 Likes

The C-clip is angled at each end. The angles are opposite of each other. One end is really hard to get the pin into, the other one is much easier.

2 Likes

If someone could make a video demonstrating how easy this is–you know, like, popping that C clip on the first try–then incompetent b00bs like me would be eternally grateful.

1 Like

Here’s a pic to help with what I explained. (Not the greatest example but it shows the angles). Just use the tip of the pin in the side of the clip that will “accept” it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve tried that and the tip of the pin can not dislodge the clip. Dunno what I am doing wrong.

2 Likes

I’m with you man, I find it just about impossible to remove bearing shields. I don’t know how anyone can do it easily.

2 Likes

By the way this is a sewing needle from a $1 set from a hardware store, dollar stores probably also have them.

5 Likes

6 Likes

That’s actually wizardry

4 Likes

I only have had to remove shields from one bearing and I can confirm it’s a pain. It took me a lot of time to deshield one side, while the other was a bit more easy xd

1 Like

I dont care what anyone says, you occasionally get a bearing that just doesn’t want to comply. There is a feel for it, and I can usually get it quite quickly now, but it can be a pain. I never remember my skate bearings being this hard, but I do have big hands and it can be a bit tedious for me since the yoyo bearings are smaller.

5 Likes