Best/Fun Metal Yo-Yo

I think its better to take the advice and recommendations made by forum members w/a lot of yo experience…i.e., wood, plastic, metal, titanium, aluminum all were used by experienced players sometime in their development as they progressed. It’s a tried and true method…

So what are you recommending? All of the types of yoyos? I may need to borrow some money then :smiley:

From everything I’ve read about the Kilter, it’s totally worth the price tag, haven’t heard much/anything about the Aura and I own a Fit. Not a huge fan of it in all honesty, just doesn’t seem ‘right’ you know?

Yes, I have the CZM8. It’s a great throw, definitely more on the competition end of things, rather than personality. Still very fun though.

basepi

^ Agreed, the CZM8 is a great throw, but I wouldnt call it fun. It has that personality-less-competition-vibe going for it.

Personally, I think one of the most fun yoyo’s I’ve played is the original CLYW Puffin. You might be able to find one on the B/S/T with a bit of hunting. It’s hard to describe exactly WHY it’s fun, but there’s just something about it thats a pleasure to throw.

As a cheaper option I also find the Onedrop Rally incredibly fun, and it’s probably one of my most used yoyos for that exact reason. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree 100%! In a similar category for me is also the Cascade.

The yoyos you guys recommend look fun, but the only thing is is that I’m not ready (or more specifically, my parents :P) to spend over $50 on a yoyo yet. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I updates the forum topic/list to the yoyos that you guys have recommended and that fit the budget. If anyone has one or multiples of these yoyos, feel free to add your comments of how they play, I would appreciate it.

YOYOFFICER:
LAVA, Kilter, Aura

YoYoFactory:
CZM8
DV888

How similar is the Kilter to the Superstar?

Honestly I’d probably recommend the Shutter over the dv888. Full size is better when you only have cash for one metal, IMO.

basepi

1 Like

Very good advice from Basepi. Get something ordinary that plays well. Gimmick yoyos are generally harder to use, and won’t offer you much fun until you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

Raptor is a good first step

So is the Shutter

I also like Yoyofficer

There are a lot of options

Does full-size play any different?

Also, is the Kilter good? It’s cheaper than the rest and looks decent on Youtube

Yes, I think so. Full size tends to be stabler and longer spinning, because you can put the weight further out with larger rims.

Never heard of the kilter, unfortunately.

1 Like

I also forgot to add this: What sizes are considered “Average” or “Undersized” for yoyos?

Not metal, or at least not all metal, but the YoYoJoker Trancer is super fun and wonderful.

I couldn’t agree more. But it’s a different kind of throw. Personally, I think the most fun yoyos are the really stable ones. They are extremely forgiving and take away a lot of frustration. The benchmarks are really good as is the Yelets (but it’s not in your price range). I like the dv888 but it is not as forgiving. The best I have found is the MFD Gelada…but it’s really pricey.

To be honest, they’re all pretty fun.

An average sized yoyo, or “full sized” is around 55 millimeters in diameter. Undersized is more subjective. It’s generally around 51mm and below.

1 Like