Best/Fun Metal Yo-Yo

I’ve heard that Centering Bearing helps a lot with smooth play, which is what I really like. My current yoyo often rubs against the sides and spins out. Just a side ntoe on this thread, so I remember:
CZM8
LAva

YoyoMiracle KuyosGod

I searched it, but I can barely find it. I am led to some Aliexpress site or Kuyostar. How does it play? Pretty expensive, though.

Its basically a standardized, less gimmicky upgrade, with the same inverse stacks system as on the kuyostar.
http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/628843310/T2OUGvXtXXXXXXXXXX_!!628843310.jpg
It plays obviously much swifter than the oversized overwide kuyostar, which means its even better for practicing new horizontal tricks. Although outside of watching it spinning forever on its stacks in the tilted position I still prefer my speeder2 overall.

Thanks for the info. I’ll look into it, but I’m kinda preferring things I hear more about to be on the safe side.

1 Like

After researching more about the CZM8, it seems that the majority of people think it is has a less fun aura and/or doesn’t have personality. Can anyone explain what they mean by that? Heavier/Bulkier or it spins differently?

Just bought a Singularity off the BST. Ummm…super fun!

The design looks cool, too. How long does it sleep?

Personality is such a hard term to define with yoyos. It’s that amorphous quality that makes yoyos feel different. It doesn’t really make sense on paper…

In the case of the CZM8, they have just managed to pack in a very solid competition throw that is going to spin for a long time, and handle most any trick you throw at it. But it doesn’t have much to differentiate it in “feel”, I think is what they mean by no personality.

Great throw, though.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything bad/different about it, which is the vibe I get from people who say the CZM8 isn’t good because it doesn’t have a personality. I’m guessing that the people who buy a ton of yoyos can figure out personality, because they throw so many different ones.
If I buy the CZM8, it’ll have personality because I only own one other unresponsive ;D

I think it’ll be a great choice for you. When I was first buying metal yoyos, one of the ones I ended up with was a SPYY Pro. It’s a pure competition machine, like the CZM8, and at first I felt it lacked so-called “personality”. Let me tell you, after a week or two of regular play, it became an absolute favourite and was my go-to throw for a long time.

I can only imagine based on descriptions that you’ll either love your CZM8 right away, or after a few days of playing it you will start to appreciate what it has on tap. :slight_smile:

Woah. What is that? Looks uniquely awesome :o

Thanks :slight_smile: Appreciate the advice. Even though I’m looking for fun, one of my main things is to make sure it’ll help me with tricks.

“Fun” is the other weird term in yoyos. I’ve never met a yoyo that wasn’t fun…It often comes down to that same amorphous “personality” thing. So take that term with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

ILYY Pybit. Stupid fun. Miss mine so much.

http://puu.sh/9dP5S/782d2f886f.png

I think it sleeps a pretty long time. You have to break in the Terrapin bearing first. To be honest, I had my reservations. There are mixed reviews. But it’s heavy for its size, so it’s remarkably stable. It grinds like a dream. It’s a little tricky on hops, but when you get used to it, it handles them really well. Overall, it’s a really fun undersized throw.

The fury was fun while you have a pic anyways. I kinda liked mine!

It looks really hard to get the string in the gap though :o

I remember when I used that, Eli Hops were a blast with it. :slight_smile:

whats the yoyo next to it? It kinda suits my taste lol