Battle Of The Modern Responsives. (Calling All 0a/ modern responsive Players)

The slim jim looks way too heavy at 64g.

1 Like

The Slim Jim is on the heavier side, but itā€™s capable of stalls, kickflips, etc.
I think I prefer it as a slimline semi-responsive rather than 0A/modern responsive, but it can do both, and itā€™s a fun throw. I have no regrets snagging one.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had the weekender, alley cat 650, deep state, deeper state, respawn, respawn lite, moonshine, thing v2, pop art, and a few others. My favorite for 0a is a fixed axle :rofl:. For me the best is the thing v2. When Iā€™m playing responsive bearings itā€™s usually shorter 1a combos with stalls and flips added in between as opposed to pure 0a.

7 Likes

You may or may not like the RBC then.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they will be making another run of Day Trippers?

I doubt any time soon, docpop was saying how long everything is taking right now to have yoyos come out with all the material and shipping issues. Best to try and find one from bst

1 Like

When Zipline released their last batch they said itā€™s the last weā€™ll see for a long, long while.

1 Like

What the heck is the RBC

1 Like

What are peoples thoughts on the Pop-Art? It looks like a great yoyo and those $45 sorry grades are super tempting.

1 Like

This is a real good yoyo and I need to play mine more. Great 0A player and for 5.0A, definitely underrated in this category

4 Likes

A new metal 0a yoyo that Iā€™m working on with Glen.

6 Likes

Looks adorable, I love the little dimples. Canā€™t wait to see how it plays

1 Like

I second this. Iā€™m always surprised at how little you hear about it.

3 Likes

Have an opportunity to buy a Weekender. I fear it will be too close to my Day Tripper to really be worth it. Can anyone shed some light on the play differences between the two? Should I get the Weekender anyway? Its in a super dope colorway.

2 Likes

I have duplicates of both and am really happy owning both models.
In my not-super-experienced 0A opinion, the Weekender feels a little ā€œfloatierā€ than the DayTripper. Not in any excessive or super significant way. If you only had the DayTripper, I donā€™t think youā€™d miss out on anything.
But I do think it feels different enough to justify both if you really want both.

Iā€™d really like to hear other peopleā€™s opinions on the differences, though.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding with your thoughts. You give me confidence that buying the Weekender will likely be a good decision lol. Hopefully some more people weigh in as well.

I havenā€™t even really touched my unresponsive yoyos since I got the DT and I want to make sure Iā€™m not ripping through those response pads too quick by only using one yoyo lol.

2 Likes

Ended up grabbing a Deep State, and this thing is super fun. With a greased up bearing its super reliably and predictably responsive. Hitting shoot the moon and lunar landings cleaner than I ever have. Really glad I ended up snagging this throw. Just finished setting up a party and took the opportunity to throw for a few minutes.

8 Likes

What type of grease do you use?
And are those speakers in the background?

3 Likes

Yes they are! Underground warehouse party set up in the back.

I use this silicone grease I got at home depot (photo from a few days ago)

4 Likes

The Deep State looks nice. They donā€™t seem to be available for sale. :frowning:

1 Like