Battle Of The Modern Responsives. (Calling All 0a/ modern responsive Players)

I think there might be some coming to yoyoexpert soon.

2 Likes

Somehow missed your question about what speakers. The ones in the photo are Funktion One, I was hired to tune and operate the rig for the evening.

2 Likes

The deep state is currently in stock in the saturday market colorway at the OD store.

1 Like

Wanted to give a little write up on my experience of playing the Deep State and Day Tripper, my 2 favorite responsive yoyos, as much as possible over the weekend.

The Day Tripper plays surprisingly fast and powerful for its weight. It generates a ton of spin with barely any effort, and the response is both predictable and immediate. Because it generates so much spin, the play is very light and effortless. The very high walls and relatively tight gap make stalls and flips very easy to control.

The Deep State plays a little slower, but isn’t lacking in the power department. It tends to spin a little slower, and also responds with a slight delay. The delay isn’t a problem because the response is still very predictable and reliable. I have a feeling the response delay is due to the larger diameter bearing taking a little longer to spin enough string into the gap compared to the smaller bearing in the Day Tripper. Since the yoyo doesn’t spin as fast, and also responds slightly slower than the DT the DS requires more force to play. Personally, I like that because everything feels more deliberate. Stalls and flips are still easy, but they do feel a little less controlled due to the wider gap and more flared walls.

The contrast between these two yoyos is really awesome, and I’m really glad I have them both. Highly recommend both to anyone who is interested in this style play.

DS (left): 55mm diam, 28mm width, 3.25mm gap, 51.1g (ultralites), C-bearing and Flow Groove response.
DT (right): 56.4mm diam, 28.5mm width, 2.75mm gap, 46.6g, A-bearing and Core Co response.

Little Lunar Landing on the deep state.

6 Likes

I’m a newbie. How do I find the OD Store?

Thank you

onedropyoyos.com

1 Like

Thank you!

Rats. It is already out of stock. :frowning:

damn that went quick! they must have only had one or two left. One Drop did recently make a post saying a run of Deep States went out to a bunch of retailers, including YYE so keep your eye out here for their announcement.

1 Like