Bathysphere Appreciation Thread!

saw that @fradiger had the idea a bit ago and my bathy just came in, MAN is this good. beautiful job to mk1 and trt for this absolute home run of an organic. hope you all feel the same

24 Likes

Twinsies!

Posted in What’s in your mail thread, but wanted to share here as well!

21 Likes

I really love this yoyo.

Still a couple left at TRT HQ if you’re on the fence… sold out everywhere else.

24 Likes

FWIW, no exotic colorways left

Iphone does no justice to the color pop on the Blue-ringed Octopus :octopus: but I promise it’s much more spectacular in person

17 Likes

Bathysphere hanging with its cousins.

26 Likes

I don’t have the blue/orange colorway, but I do have the laserfade (as seen above). I can honestly say that my photos don’t do it justice either.

5 Likes

It’s sooo goood

5 Likes

I got so excited when I saw this thread this morning!!!

Y’all are too much :grin::grin::grin:

Rocking my black Bathy with black domes today :sunglasses:

27 Likes

Brass mini spikes. locked and loaded.

23 Likes

I want to thank everyone who hyped up this throw. Its tough standing out in a sea of organic yoyos and this definitely stands out!

23 Likes

Had the Bathy for almost a week now and have to say 65g with Brass Ultra Lights hits nicely.

23 Likes

Family vacation for the week. Only brought one throw. :yo-yo::grin:

22 Likes

Mine finally arrived :hugs:

24 Likes

That’s a strong statement right there.

7 Likes

I agree that the Blue-Ringed Octopus looks So much better in person.
I’ve got the clear set up with brass CODE1’s and the splash rockin some domes.

I hate to be the first person with a gripe, but I have three Bathyspheres and they all have very slippy pads and loud bearings.
Has anyone else been having issue with their binds?
I’ve even strung them up with Kitty XXL and they Still slip.
Is this just a matter of breaking in the pads or what?
Anyone know what kind of pads these have? I’m so close to swapping these brand new pads for something else.

11 Likes

I have not had any problem with binding a Bathysphere, but I also live in high heat and humidity. I would recommend playing with it some more to warm it up

2 Likes

Mine were slippy as well, I relaced them with ultra grey permatex and now it’s perfect…

2 Likes

This :arrow_up:, once they break in though, they last a good while.

As far as bearings go, I had to de-shield and lube at around 20 hours of play, however thats on par with most of the releases Ive picked up over the years.

2 Likes

Are they landing pads? Because I have RSO landing pads in two other throws and haven’t had this issue before.
Any tips for breaking in pads? I’ve already played the clear bathy for about 2+ hours and tried rubbing the pads on denim to wear them in. Still slipping.

Also, I’ve bought plenty of new throws with bearings that didn’t scream out of the box.
They still spin smooth though, so I’m not really trying to complain too much about the bearings.
I mention that they spin smooth because I’m also convinced that a bearing can absolutely introduce vibe.