Bathysphere Appreciation Thread!

I posted about the pads in another thread. Mine are quite slippy though a bit better than when I first unboxed the yoyo. At that time the yoyo was cold and I was using thinner string. The thicker string helps but I think I’ll have to swap the pads. The bearing was loud from the get-go but that’s pretty common in my experience and easily remedied.

I will say that I am very happy with the Bathy and thay these issues are minor. I don’t want to give the impression that I regret the purchase at all. It’s a great yoyo.

3 Likes

Really? I found my bathysphere a bit snaggy :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m using OT fat though, I think with thinner string I could see it.

3 Likes

Yes, RSO Type 50 Landing Pads which are the “Harder” formula

I prefer play, lots of regens and flops, if lacerations are slipping focus on getting more tail. You can also rub them with a clean eraser and then using rubbing alcohol to remove any oils. I also use a rougher bulk poly string and save the boutique until the bearing and pads are broken in.

5 Likes

Mine is definitely very slippy but only when I play it in the cold. The upstairs of my house is much warmer than the rest of the house and, when I play it upstairs, it binds perfectly. If I come back down into the cold, slippy again. I was really trying to avoid it but I think I’m going to have to change the pads as I don’t always have access to upstairs. I think I have more trouble with slipping when I’m tired and trying to throw also because it seemed like it played great two days ago but last night I couldn’t get it to bind for the life of me.

I have to say, though, even with the slippy pads, it is still one of my favorite yo-yos by far. I think it will sit along side the heavy hitters of organics like the sudo, end 2, bapezilla etc.

Edit: I went and used a regular thick poly string for a few days and the binds were definitely better with the poly and now the pads are broke in enough that I can use my skyline 3. Still slightly slippy if it’s cold but nothing that makes it not worth playing.

7 Likes

I think we will be trying different stock pads in a 2nd run. Thank you all for the feedback & for the appreciation!

12 Likes

15 Likes

Brass ULs finally came in. Really liking the extra weight and fingerspin capability so far. Managed to pull off a palm grind dna too.

16 Likes

I absolutely love this yoyo. I haven’t been able to put it down. There have been very few yoyos over my 19 years of throwing that i have thought i need a duplicate of, but this is one. So I told myself if there was another run I would definitely grab one. Well last night while perusing YYE I happen to notice the bathysphere wasn’t showing out of stock. I thought hmm that interesting. Lets click on this and see whats going on. Sure enough 1 blue ringed octopus in stock. Needless to say I dont have to weight for a restock.

14 Likes

This belongs here too. Running some legos.

10 Likes

I was able to purchase a delrin FH1 months after they were released and sold out this same way. Just the luck of the draw i guess.