B-Grade May Info

It kills me that I probably can’t swing 350 for the Twangle. I mean there’s a few yo-yos I could sell if it came down to it but I’d probably regret doing so later.

Probably just have to keep my BST eyes peeled in the future.

1 Like

Hmmmm…

7 Likes

Was just about to edit for this image, but yes it is a gorgeous yoyo

AND ITS ERIC’S BIRTHDAY LETS ALL SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 Likes

Happy birthday, Eric!!!

Also the photos from that trip were epic but they tripped my acrophobia something fierce :joy::sob:

1 Like

8 Likes

I don’t know if a yo-yo that sacrifices that much catch zone for giant rims is the yo-yo of the future.

3 Likes

Cool!Basically a mono edge beyond

It says it’s a little bigger than normal, the Beyond is like 53 mm so I don’t think it’s that.

2 Likes

Yeah…but the shape looks really similar…maybe a mono edge infinite xD?

1 Like

I wonder what is the actual catch width of the Ultimatum.

I have the Monster Edge, and its width is about 55mm. My Flashback has a width of 42.x mm, yet its catch zone is slightly wider than the Monster! Both yoyos play very differently though.

2 Likes

Sloped down rims count as catchzone in my opinion. The lesser-steep response does not change the fact that the string will be redirected to the gap of the yo-yo.
Sure, you could make the argument that the rim slope is not as effective and will knock the yoyo’s balance when hit with the string, but in my experience it’s not a dealbreaker.

7 Likes

I screenshotted them within like a minute

1 Like

In addition to the edge ultimatum release date 2020, we also have christmas californias, neon green replay pros, neon green and neon blue airwaves, and polycarbonate Onestars!

looks like a mono metal edge beyond

Check out the body size in relation to the bearing. This is a really big yoyo!

3 Likes

It just depends on the slope of the rim, and the angle and speed of the catch. The OG/1.5 Edge, the rims are all usable catch zone and you don’t even notice hitting them. The Beyond is more complicated. Soft landings, or squeezing between two strings is fine, but a hard landing on the rim will sometimes tilt the yo-yo. Not so much that you can’t correct it though.

The Ultimatum looks somewhere in-between to me.

1 Like

Oh yeah and new team horizon line yoyo was also in a lil vid by paul

1 Like

9 Likes

Wait What!? Are there pics of those???

Within the realms of whats normal weight and diameter wise. On the other side, that width is almost reaching the ridiculousness levels. Sick.