Are green triangles dead?

I left the hobby a few years ago when green triangles were the best thing since sliced bread.

But lately as I’ve been getting back into it I don’t see so man tricks incorporating a green triangle, am I just not watching the right videos are are they dead?

I use them all the time. I guess some styles are just so innovative these days that they aren’t very obvious in complicated routines

Yeah I second username1 but I still think they are extremely fun but with routines becoming more complex it is harder to see them where as something like gyroscopic flop is simple and looks great to non yoyoers and yoyoers alike.

I personally don’t like tricks that end in a GT. Lacks creativity IMO.

i use green triangles all the time… i think its a great way to add a little something more into a trick that you dont know what to put there.

I use GT’s as well, trying to play around with it and find other things to do from them rather than the typical hop out to a trapeze.

What if the beginning and middle are super creative?

1 Like

green triangles never die

I see a lot of techy tricks now that have small triangles in them for brief moments, and they’re really difficult to spot. Even some of my tricks are like that. I don’t think green triangles have gone away, I think today’s tricks leave them drowning in a sea of other moves and mounts.

I don’t see them being no creative. When somwone does some crazy combos and land in a GT unexpectedly, it’s kinda pretty amazing. Take breakdancing for example. Freezes are finishing moves. GTs do the same for me. How did they get into that? How did I not see that coming? How did they have all that string tangled up and then end in a GT? They are still used often, but as some had said, they are placed in complicated intricate tricks where try hop out of them so quickly you may not see it.

Love GTs. Just made a new combo that ends in a cross armed GT.

I try to avoid GTs most of the time because they’re one of the most overused elements in most play styles while I prefer the challenge of trying to find some weird, new element. A lot of the time, they can be anticipated in a freestyle or instagram video, because you see them hopping the yoyo around in some techish formation where you know a gt is possible. They can be cool in moderation, but using them in every trick is overkill imo so I try to stay away from them.

I have many combo’s that end in a GT. I personally love this mount, and I like to find new ways to do so. Sometimes I do try to avoid GT’s, but it just ends up happening anyway :wink: I just let my trick creation flow into whatever I find myself in :slight_smile:

This is exactly what happens to me. I learned by accident many different ways to get into a GT. But it’s at times in not ready to end my combo.

Then it kills the trick :stuck_out_tongue: My opinion.

Double GTs and towers are the way to go.

your opinion sucks… but thats just my opinion…

i agree to disagree with you…

I respect your opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

I just really love a good ol’ trapeze ending. You can bind really smoothly from a trapeze, whereas in GT’s you gotta pop it first.

Unless you’re Jensen Kimmitt and can go straight into a bind like in his trick “Flying Coat Hanger.”

Jensen is the only one who can do that bind consistently. Maybe I just suck, but I can never hit that bind.

1 Like

Loved them when i was 9 …ten years later , still love them

Not nearly dead enough haha.

If you see me end a trick in a green triangle, you know that I didn’t put effort into the trick.

There are exceptions… And certainly it’s different from person to person, but 90% of the time, me ending in a GT is me giving up.

I feel like it takes more thought to NOT end a trick in a GT.

Give me a trapeze exit any day of the week.

1 Like