Are green triangles dead?

From scoring perspective, even a brentstole only score a little. If you’re watching contest videos, it makes sense that people don’t use the “generic” variation, some still use it but in different ways. Watch world’s 2015, Zach did a gt variation over the elbow.

That’s what I’m talking about @Adam Brewster 8)

I’d agree with this.

The legend never dies!!!

As we all know, there are different kinds of yoyoers who play for different reasons. Adam and a few others are against GTs because it doesn’t seem to break new ground. And the challenge of getting to a smooth trapeze exit instead of a GT display is something that appeals to (and probably sometimes frustrates!) players like Adam.

I am not such a player.

I have extremely limited interest in breaking new ground. I’m the guitarist and singer who is fine playing other people’s songs. I enjoy it on guitar. Writing songs is a tedious process that I don’t get a lot of joy out of. But I get tonnes of joy in discovering other people’s songs that I love, learning the chords (and sometimes riffs), and trying my best to do the vocals justice. It’s fun and rewarding and immediately satisfying to me.

I am such a yoyoer. I do enjoy making the occasional trick (I think I’m up to 5 or so?) but they’re usually short little moves that make me happy rather than long and techy and convoluted combos. For the most part, I’m thrilled to work on other people’s tricks.

And a lot of those tricks end in a GT. :wink: It’s still satisfying and fun to me to get all twisted up, fling the yoyo in the air, spread my hands apart, and BAM, GT. Or have a shape, drop a few segments, “OO, will ya LOOKATHAT? A GT!”

The exact thing that makes me grin is what makes Adam (and others) go "$%&!.. it’s a GT. :frowning: "

I’m sure some of you are in-between. You love making up tricks. And if you are at a stage and go, “Ooo… I recognize this… if I underpass instead of hop a string segment, it’ll be a GT. And that’s what I want to do!”

If it’s arrived at intentionally because you like the element, you should be allowed to grin like a fool and feel proud of it.

Don’t let anti-GT hipsters like Adam bring you down! :wink: (With all jokes, smiles, and respect, Adam. :wink: )

1 Like

i literally just managed to add an unwinding to trapeze to the end of my new trick without reading this thread

I actually came up with a trick just now that ended in a GT. Personally, I enjoy incorporating them into my moveset, just don’t like it when they come up so soon. One of these days I’m going to find a way to keep it going as I’m in that “experimental phase” of yoyoing. Basically, I stepped away from full on trick tutorials and began looking at #trickcircles. I see an element I like, I try to copy it, see if I can pull it off, and go from there to make my own thing up. That’s where I end up somehow winding up in a GT.

Pssstt… want to buy a GT? :wink:

One of the 5 (or so?) that I mentioned has a GT as its raison d’etre. Haha!