why all the fuss about GT?

What’s the big deal about Green Triangle? When I watch some trick videos, people do all sort of crazy stuff without making a big deal out of it. But if they land a green triangle, it always seems to be something they really want the watcher to pay attention to. They get into the GT, and then let the yoyo spin there, making sure we have noticed that it is a GT.
And I rarely (if ever?) see anyone doing something nice from there. They usually just pop out of the GT, bind, make a new throw - so I don’t see GT as some mount that opens the door for more tricks.
There are also several videos on how to get into a GT - but I just don’t see why people think GT is anything special? Enlighten me please :slight_smile:

nobody can really explain why the GT is so satisfying… It just seems like a good way to end a long trick, but I definitely hear what your saying. There are much better ways to end tricks.
:slight_smile:

A lot of people like to end in a GT because it looks cool.

There are so many ways to get into it, so people really like showing that they have discovered a new method.

lol remember when we were talking about this with JonRob and he would show off a trapeze lol

With my tricks, I’ve been trying to steer clear of GT’s for the most part lately. They’re pretty much becoming overrated. I mean, I don’t have a problem with them necessarily, but they seem to be popping up in too many tricks for their own good.

My tricks involve a lot of GTs. But when I get into them, I usually try to continue the trick instead of just popping the out of it and binding.

The two things JonRob hates most: GTs and a not-smooth yoyo (not that he cares)

most ways that people get into GTs are very complicated, sooo yeah…

GTs ARE overrated…
But some ways to get into it is complicated… :wink:

most of my friends love when i do GTs because they think it looks sick, or they want to see me get a knot. but that doesn’t happen much unless I pop the wrong way. I dunno I tend to do like 5 GTs in like 15 or 20 tricks, not that much…

I think the general allure is that basically, a GT says “look at me, I’m taking a risk because if I drop this, I’ll get a knot.” It’s also easily identifiable, so it’s cool to see sometimes after you have this huge labyrinth of criss-crossed strings to drop a couple and end in something familiar like that. I used to not like GTs, but they really grew on me after a while. There’s just something I find pleasing about seeing a triangle formed out of a single string and a yo-yo. Are they overrated? Yes, I believe so. But I think the risk factor will score you some good points in a competition, especially if you’re doing some extremely tricky maneuvers like GT suicides.

1 Like

I concur, but if you’re bored with GT’s try to do some different ones. I’ve been playing with mostly Chain Link GT’s recently, they are SO fun! Its way harder to find ways into them too, which makes it all the more satisfying when you find/land one.

I agree with the keyword satisfying, risk, and identifiable

Really

I got into GT’s lately. The other day I did a Gt in front of a mirror and I realized that it’s just cool. I’m pretty sure in a performance people will wonder how a straight string turns into a triangle or that it’s cool to see a triangle floating in midair.