Aquariums!

Got a new 10 gallon tank yesterday. Transferred the plants, but not the fish yet. Let’s see your setups!

22 Likes

Aquariums with no fish stay clean so much longer.

I remember many years ago I had a 55 gallon aquarium filled with fish. The kids love the aquarium and the cats love the aquarium. It actually was more fun than watching TV.

But by some incredible coincidence, the same week that my kids were introduced to, and fell in love with sushi, somehow when they weren’t paying attention all the fish in the aquarium vanished. Not sure what happened? Maybe the water was out of balanceI don’t know?

3 Likes

My fish died this morning. RIP Queen Elizabeth. You were loved by all.

10 Likes

Oh no! Sorry @ToastedOats

1 Like

Thanks. My mother was trying to be helpful and changed her water last night, and this morning we found her belly up. After a period of mourning my wife and I will search for her heir, Queen Elizabeth II.

3 Likes

Ah, fellow aquarists! Here is our 20g dirty reef, going on 5 years old now?

13 Likes

That’s a cool looking tank @Raindog3030!!!

1 Like

20221021_184626

Tiger barbs tetra mix

11 Likes

Nice subject here. Love ur reef tank bruce. I own all kinds of different fish mostly freshwater

1 Like

What fish u doing

Thanks everyone! Our sysem is mostly live coral colonies, although there is one lonely vertebrate…Felicia the black Oscellaris clown fish. She’s a total wench and chased her mate to suicide a couple years ago, so now her only friend is the also widowed coral banded shrimp.

The majority of our colonies were started from single polyps or tiny fingernail size frags several years ago. How many can you spot? There’s:
Euphyllia
Blastomussa
Micromussa
Zooanthids
Palythoas
Duncan
Lobophyllia
Millipora
Acropora
Montepora digitata
Montepora capricornus
Platygyra
And a couple rock flower anemones :3

I’ve been an avid aquarists since I was a wee lad. Having now kept freshwater mixed, Discus, cichlid, marine fish only, marine reef, and even brackish. Largest system to date was a 150 gallon marine fish system with NPS corals and the smallest ever was only a 2g marine reef. This system is definitely my longest running to date. Our hope is to soon upgrade to a larger container…at least 150g, but I’d like to go larger!!

If anyone is nearby and has a marine reef, I’ve got a bunch of grafted cap frags that are looking for new homes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nooo :cry: I’m still miss my good lil Buddy “Blue Fish” (Beta fish) who sadly passed over 15 years ago :cry: he lived to the ripe old age of 6 !!! he outlived “Red fish , 1 fish AND 2 fish” ( honest names :sweat_smile: )

Blue fish was the longest living beta fish I’ve ever seen , and In his fish prime he used to jump for fish treats :smiling_face_with_tear: (his food pellets)

When told my buddy that used to come over every morning about The passing of Blue fish ,without skipping a beat he hung his head ,took off his hat and sadly said “it’s a sad day for fish everywhere”:cry: (we couldn’t help but laugh, which I’m sure Bluefish would’ve wanted , he didn’t want is to be sad at his passing :smiling_face_with_tear:)

So just like it was for Blue Fish , I’m sure the same applies to Queen Elizabeth when I say “It was a Sad day for fish Everywhere” :cry:

4 Likes

Awesomeness

2 Likes

Added a little micro beach to the tank along with more plants, 2 Panda corys and 5 shrimp. Can you find the shark tooth on the beach?

7 Likes

This thread is making me want to set up my shrimp tank again! Used to keep one in my office at my last job:

5 Likes

8 Likes

Those peacocks though. :clap:

1 Like

Pictures are from a month or two ago. The tank is a 165 gallon stocked with about 40 mixed peacock, frontosa and parrots. Hopefully I can get a good picture tomorrow I just did a water change

2 Likes

I love it. Back in the day I had a 100 gallon full of african duboisi. Your tank looks great

2 Likes

We actually filled a second saltwater the other night…little 7 gallon kitchen reef :sweat_smile:

Had the light leftover from our Mantis Shrimp nano reef that we broke down awhile ago, but it’s new glass and a new pump! This one is my wife’s project, really excited to see what she does with it.

2 Likes